PDA

View Full Version : Wierd epg listing

joysleep1
13-06-21, 19:39
Hi

Currently on latest openvix on my xtrend 8000. I've populated my epg using cross epg as I normally do but something wierd is going on. All the epg is way off with random listing.
See photo.
I tried deleting and re downloading it but still not working

Any ideas

ronand
13-06-21, 20:29
No problems with crossepg here. After deleting the epg cache in the menu try deleting the crossepg folder from your hard drive (use an ftp client). Then download the data again. The database is probably corrupt.

joysleep1
13-06-21, 22:24
No problems with crossepg here. After deleting the epg cache in the menu try deleting the crossepg folder from your hard drive (use an ftp client). Then download the data again. The database is probably corrupt.

Legend bro
That fixed it perfectly.
Had no idea how that happened to begin with.
Thanks a lot

joysleep1
27-06-21, 21:46
This keeps happening often now. What is going on with cross EPG. It keeps doing some random stuff.

abu baniaz
27-06-21, 22:08
Maybe you should try OpenTV EPG Downloader?
Guide here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63896-Setting-up-Sky-UK-epg-download

EDIT:
Actually, looking at your screenshot, it is not an EPG acquisition issue, it is a display issue. You are only seeing part of it. That being said, there were a few other EPG commits in last few weeks to address some EPG issues.

You said you are on the "latest" image, you are an experienced member here. You know "latest" is as vague as anything. Please say the exact image number you are on. Latest release image (at time of typing) is 5.4 013

I tried AutoBouquets 28.2, the EPG was displayed fine too.

joysleep1
28-06-21, 08:14
Maybe you should try OpenTV EPG Downloader?
Guide here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63896-Setting-up-Sky-UK-epg-download

EDIT:
Actually, looking at your screenshot, it is not an EPG acquisition issue, it is a display issue. You are only seeing part of it. That being said, there were a few other EPG commits in last few weeks to address some EPG issues.

You said you are on the "latest" image, you are an experienced member here. You know "latest" is as vague as anything. Please say the exact image number you are on. Latest release image (at time of typing) is 5.4 013

I tried AutoBouquets 28.2, the EPG was displayed fine too.

Hi Abu

Yes I'm going to try open tv epg downloader from now on and see

Thanks

abu baniaz
28-06-21, 11:10
Can you please say which image you are on.

joysleep1
28-06-21, 12:08
Can you please say which image you are on.

Hi Abu

Sorry about that

OpenViX 5.4.012 (2021-05-14)