PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

bulldog147
07-06-21, 20:04
Does this box https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma-h7s support watch 1 channel and record other two different channels at the same time from my freesat dish with two cable feed? Replaced my faulty Humax Foxsat HDR

Andy_Hazza
07-06-21, 21:02
You can watch one & record another on different transponders. This is a combo tuner which has one Terrestrial (Freeview) feed and a twin Satellite (Freesat) feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldog147
07-06-21, 21:18
Am I better off with this one? https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/zgemma/zgemma-h9-twin (just for freesat only) but recording both different channels at the same time while watch third channel similiar to Humax?

Andy_Hazza
07-06-21, 21:24
Unfortunately that is just a twin satellite setup, so you can watch one and record another on a different transponder.

bulldog147
07-06-21, 21:29
Ok can I recorded both channels at the same time without watching any other channel?

What about the VU+ uno 4K SE? Is this box better than Zgemma? https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/vu-plus-uno-4k-se-fbc-dvb-s-s2

Andy_Hazza
07-06-21, 21:38
You would be best investing in a box with FBC tuners, then if you changed the LNB on your dish to a Unicable II type one then that gives you better recoding options.

Something like this you’d be better off with, Vu+ are overpriced imo.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/gigablue/gigablue-uhd-ue-4k

bulldog147
07-06-21, 21:51
Any idea where can I find the right LNB for Unicable II type for two feed cable?

What about VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin DVB-T/T2 Terrestrial Tuner
Linux Enigma 2 PVR Receiver UHD 2160p?

Does Terrestrial Tuner can recording up to 8 channels from normal digital aerial?

Andy_Hazza
07-06-21, 21:56
This is a Unicable II LNB which has 3 legacy ports. You only need one feed (cable from the Unicable port to the receiver which has FBC tuner(s).

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/universal-and-unicable-lnb/gt-sat-unicable-lnb/gt-sat-gt-s3dcss24-unicable-lnb-3-legacy

Andy_Hazza
07-06-21, 21:58
Any idea where can I find the right LNB for Unicable II type for two feed cable?

What about VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin DVB-T/T2 Terrestrial Tuner
Linux Enigma 2 PVR Receiver UHD 2160p?

Does Terrestrial Tuner can recording up to 8 channels from normal digital aerial?

That is just a traditional twin terrestrial tuner, they don’t do FBC tuners for Terrestrial.

ccs
07-06-21, 22:09
A twin terrestrial tuner can record 2 different mux's at the same time.

Bear in mind that bbc1 hd, bbc2 hd, itv hd, ch4 hd and ch5 hd (and others) are all on the same mux, so can all be recorded at the same time.

(This applies to the transmitter I use.)

Sicilian
08-06-21, 05:16
Does this box https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma-h7s support watch 1 channel and record other two different channels at the same time from my freesat dish with two cable feed? Replaced my faulty Humax Foxsat HDR

With TWO Satellite tuners you can watch and record accross TWO transponders.

For example BBC Channels could be on one and ITV channels on another. Depending what you are watching and recording you could watch and record more than 3 channels.

The H7S also has a Terrestrial Freeview HD tuner for a TV Antenna, so you could also watch and record from that tuner.

cactikid
08-06-21, 09:15
+ you hava an advantage if recording on all 3 tuners at once you can view recordings from your hdd at the same time.

adm
08-06-21, 10:12
Ok can I recorded both channels at the same time without watching any other channel?

In general it’s the same concept as the Humax you have.

With 2 tuners, each can tune into a different transponder. Each transponder has a number of TV channels. So, if you want to record two programs on different transponders then both tuners will be used and so you cannot watch something on another transponder at the same time (because you now have no free tuners).

However you can record two programs on different transponders and watch something that you have previously recorded at the same time or record two programs on different transponders and watch something also carried on either of the transponders being recorded.

As mentioned above, each transponder carries a number of TV channels so, say, if the transponder carries 4 TV channels and 4 radio channel you could record all 4 TV channels and all 4 radio channels at the same time. In this case the box would only be using 1 tuner and there is also a free tuner to allow you to watch something else on another transponder OR allowing you to record everything on that transponder (and whilst watching a previously recorded program. These boxes are not limited to recording 2 at the same time - you could record at least 8 HD programs at the same time. The limitation is not the recording mechanism but the number of tuners being used at the same time.

A Humax box allows you to record 2 and watch 1 but it has the same limitation about tuners. If a Humax box is using 2 tuners to tune into two different transponders for recording the only things that you can watch at the same time have to be on the same transponders.

This is the same with Freeview terrestrial boxes. In the UK all the TV/radio channels are typically carried on 6 MUXs. A tuner can only tune into 1 MUX at a time so with 2 tuners the box can tune into 2 different MUXs. If the 2 programs you want to record are on the same MUX only 1 tuner is needed leaving 1 free to allow you to watch anything else. A Humax box is limited to recording only 2 programs but an Enigna2 box running Openvix doesn’t have this limitation and will allow you to record everything on those two MUXs at the same time (maybe 16 TV channels – but unlikely to be carrying anything of interest at the same time)

bulldog147
08-06-21, 18:21
Thanks guys for explained.

Will save up for 2 x Zgemma H7S boxes so I will use one box from my aerial and other box for satellite with both HDMI to my TV

ronand
08-06-21, 18:35
2 boxes on 1 tv? The H7S has 2 satellite tuners as well as another for your aerial (and all can be used at the same time for recording etc)

adm
08-06-21, 18:48
Thanks guys for explained.

Will save up for 2 x Zgemma H7S boxes so I will use one box from my aerial and other box for satellite with both HDMI to my TV

The box supports Freeview channels (terrestrial) and Freesat channels (Satellite) at the same time so you can split your aerial signal and use the third tuner input on the boxes you have allocated for satellite. This gives you 3 tuners which can all be used at the same time for watching or recording.

bulldog147
08-06-21, 18:52
Ok will order 1 box then! But does EPG get confused layout with same aerial and satellite all mixed up?

ronand
08-06-21, 18:56
You can set it up whatever way you want - you can keep your freeview channels apart from the freesat variants. Its a good little box and one of the few budget 4k boxes that can take an internal hard drive which is a bonus.

adm
08-06-21, 20:21
Ok will order 1 box then! But does EPG get confused layout with same aerial and satellite all mixed up?

I have a box with both types of tuner. I have a channel list (bouquet) for Freeview and a separate channel list for Freesat. Each has its own 7 day over the air EPG. The box doesn’t get confused by the two sources of broadcast information. If I ask the box to record from BBC1 Freeview it will record from the aerial source and not from satellite and visa versa.

bulldog147
08-06-21, 21:10
You can set it up whatever way you want - you can keep your freeview channels apart from the freesat variants. Its a good little box and one of the few budget 4k boxes that can take an internal hard drive which is a bonus.

Which image do u use and do I need any plugin to download for extra features. As I used autobouqest for satellite on my old zgemma h2h (single tuner) with usb recording but it very old box now (I use openatv)

bulldog147
08-06-21, 21:12
I have a box with both types of tuner. I have a channel list (bouquet) for Freeview and a separate channel list for Freesat. Each has its own 7 day over the air EPG. The box doesn’t get confused by the two sources of broadcast information. If I ask the box to record from BBC1 Freeview it will record from the aerial source and not from satellite and visa versa.

That's great to hear that

cactikid
08-06-21, 21:30
Possibly more users here are on Openvix as its more supported on this forum.
Any box i can use Openvix on i will.

You cant run 2 same boxes on tv unless you want a war as remote will be sending signals to both boxes but could run another make.
As said 1 box is all you need and a big internal hdd for recordings.

bulldog147
08-06-21, 22:40
All done. Just ordered Zgemma box

Zgemma H9 Twin 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X
- Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (£1.00 charge): OpenViX (Latest)

Thanks guys for help me out.

adm
08-06-21, 23:24
All done. Just ordered Zgemma box

Zgemma H9 Twin 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X
- Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (£1.00 charge): OpenViX (Latest)

Thanks guys for help me out.

You was asking about a box with 2 satellite tuners and 1 terestrail tuner but you have ordered a box with just 2 satellite tuners.

bulldog147
08-06-21, 23:44
Yes I decided go for 2 satellite tuners with HDD that fine by me. I just use freeview HD on Samsung and LG TV with USB Memory Stick to recorded one each tv. lol

cactikid
09-06-21, 09:29
And no hdd for recordings?

ccs
09-06-21, 09:42
And no hdd for recordings?

I think post #25 suggests he has included one.

bulldog147
09-06-21, 15:54
Yes I decided go for 2 satellite tuners with HDD that fine by me. I just use freeview HD on Samsung and LG TV with USB Memory Stick to recorded one each tv. lol

No need as I got 2.5'' HDD 750GB as I will use that for this box. Does it formatted itself or do I have to formatted via partitionmagic @ NTFS before put into this box?

adm
09-06-21, 16:03
No need as I got 2.5'' HDD 750GB as I will use that for this box. Does it formatted itself or do I have to formatted via partitionmagic @ NTFS before put into this box?

The box will format it via a menu item to Ext3/4. If you want NTFS then you may have to install a NTFS driver
on the box.

bulldog147
09-06-21, 18:10
Can you tell me how to do series link auto detect if I choose to recorded soaps eg: Emmerdale mon to fri? Because on Humax I press record and ask me do you want to record ITV SD or ITV HD, then I click ITV HD and then it asked next one do you want to record single or record series link and I click series link and it will record itself.

bulldog147
09-06-21, 18:11
The box will format it via a menu item to Ext3/4. If you want NTFS then you may have to install a NTFS driver
on the box.

Ext3/4 will be fine as I am using Linux Mint on PC. It can see any ext3/4 if any recorded copy onto pc from Zgemma using FireZilla

bulldog147
10-06-21, 16:21
Got the box today, all working with SSD (7") as my HDD is too thick (9") won't fit slot in.

I was wondering whether if I set a programme on auto-timer, will the auto-timer also detect changes, for instance, unexpected news bulletin interruptions. Would the auto-timer take care of the "new end time" of the programme? If this is not possible, is there a plug-in for this? Thank you for your help. PS. I am using a new H9 Twin tuner Zgemma receiver (just arrived today!)

ccs
10-06-21, 16:30
Autotimer adjusts times when the epg reflects them. I'm not sure how you're getting epg schedules.

Autotimer only runs periodically, you can set this to a value that suits you. The more often you run it the better the chance of spotting changes, but it shouldn't be run too often.

Mine runs every 25 minutes, but that is probably more frequent than most people choose.

bulldog147
10-06-21, 17:23
Sorry I mean 7mm SSD not 7" lol

bulldog147
10-06-21, 18:54
What is the default password for this box for firezilla via ftp as I know the username are root but it kept saying Response: 331 Please specify the password.

ccs
10-06-21, 18:56
You need to set a password before you can use Filezilla.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63400-OpenViX-5-4-released!&p=503909&viewfull=1#post503909

BrokenUnusableAccount
10-06-21, 23:22
Autotimer adjusts times when the epg reflects them. I'm not sure how you're getting epg schedules.

Autotimer only runs periodically, you can set this to a value that suits you. The more often you run it the better the chance of spotting changes, but it shouldn't be run too often.

Mine runs every 25 minutes, but that is probably more frequent than most people choose.

Also it's no good re-running Autotimer unless your EPG might actually have updated.
I believe that by default the EPG is only updated by OpenTV Zapper every 6 hours, though there are other possible ways of doing it, particularly if you only use the Freesat channels.

ccs
11-06-21, 09:57
.... freeview is constantly updating the epg, even changes in schedules, that's why I run autotimer more often than most.

I'm sure there are sat channels which absorb the epg data in the same way, but someone else needs to confirm which ones.

Joe_90
11-06-21, 11:30
.... freeview is constantly updating the epg, even changes in schedules, that's why I run autotimer more often than most.

I'm sure there are sat channels which absorb the epg data in the same way, but someone else needs to confirm which ones.

If you are on 28.2E and have the Freesat reader enabled (instead of (or running as well as) the OpenTV zapper), then the EPG schedule data will update if you are tuned to any of the channels in the Freesat bouquet. If you are tuned to BBC, then the entire Freesat EPG will download in about 10-15 minutes. If you have it enabled, the OpenTV zapper polls on whatever frequency you set it to (default 6 hours). Not really recommended to be using multiple EPG sources for the one satellite, though, as it can mess up the EPG layout if schedule times conflict.