PDA

View Full Version : Best EPG?

dymebox
16-02-11, 23:32
To follow up my first newbie question with something more speculative... :)

I wanted to get some opinions on what the best EPG's are around for the Duo?

I'm trying to move over from Sky+ HD, and would like something as similar as possible - especially for the missus so she can use it too! :p

Any recommendations?

basilyoung
17-02-11, 00:35
latest vix image, catseye channel listings, coolman epg (preinstalled on the image) and rytek to download the listings you want, your wife will love the set up, ( you might need a second unit though )

baz

ps, welcome to the forum m8

dymebox
17-02-11, 00:50
latest vix image, catseye channel listings, coolman epg (preinstalled on the image) and rytek to download the listings you want, your wife will love the set up, ( you might need a second unit though )

baz

ps, welcome to the forum m8

Thanks for the welcome :)

Have just put together your recommendation. I like it...a little bare as I haven't clocked the CCcam setup for my Sly Card yet... couple of queries though.

No mini-tv preview in the corner, and also series link? Guessing there are probably plugins for these too :p

pooface
17-02-11, 12:55
Thanks for the welcome :)

Have just put together your recommendation. I like it...a little bare as I haven't clocked the CCcam setup for my Sly Card yet... couple of queries though.

No mini-tv preview in the corner, and also series link? Guessing there are probably plugins for these too :p

This is already included in the ViX image. For the EPG questions, go to ViXEPG (EPG button), press menu, and change the PiG to on, picons to on (if you want them), and the number of items per page to 5 if you're using picons, or 8 if not using picons...

As for the series link question, there is no true series link. But, the next best thing is auto timer. If you want to record something same time etc, then go through the epg and find the program, and press blue instead of green to add an auto timer... Then, you have to set up the options for the program...

In regards to epg data, my personal choice is the crossepg plugin... I use this to download the epg data from the transponder to get exactly the same info as what you would get from a sly box... Then, if you want data from other providers (e.g. sly it), then I use the xepgdb to load these...