PDA

View Full Version : GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K No Blindscan

el bandido
28-05-21, 00:50
Why have the blindscan plugin in the image if the blindscan does not work?

The blindscan plugin is installed by default in the VIX image, which gives the impression that it works.

GigaBlue UE FBC tuners are disabled in the blindscan plugin, which is to be expected.

The dual DVB-S2X PnP tuner is not disabled in the blindscan plugin, but nothing happens when you try to blindscan with the DVB-S2X PnP tuner. (Debug log shows no i2c found or similar.)

The GigaBlue UE would be a great receiver for North America if the PnP tuners could have a decent blindscan. Like it is now, I don't see why the blindscan plugin is in the VIX image because it is useless.

Thanks.

Huevos
28-05-21, 22:07
Plugin is loaded based on MACHINE_FEATURES and that comes from manufacturer spec.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/blob/4.4/meta-brands/meta-gigablue/conf/machine/gb7252.conf#L20

And that is not a ViX thing. It applies to all distros that use OE-Alliance-Core.

el bandido
28-05-21, 22:33
That makes sense. Looks like it is wishful thinking by the manufacturer. I wish they would not list things that do not work.

offtensive
08-06-22, 14:18
Hi,

Do you know if Gigablue has added the functionality to blind scan with the PnP DVB-S2X tuner?

Huevos
08-06-22, 14:31
I doubt it.