PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H9S] Trying to flash to openvix

imzy82
19-05-21, 20:32
Guys,

hope you are all well.

Wonder if someone would kind enough to help a brother out.

I have a Zgemma H9S box currently on OpenATV build.

the box crashes on startup and nothing seems to happen after.

however I can connect through telnet, is there a way I can reset this?

abu baniaz
19-05-21, 20:54
The way to find out the error causing the crash is to check crash log or start in console mode. Link to guide in my signature if you need it.

Maybe easier to flash by USB. I couldn't quite understand requirements following the boot partition changes.

imzy82
19-05-21, 20:57
Hello Sir,

I'm trying to flash via USB and nothing happening.

I want to start fresh on the box with OpenVix build

I can access the box via FileZilla and Putty.

abu baniaz
19-05-21, 23:12
H9 Twin and H9 Combo both need re-flashing due to partion changes, H9S, H9.2S, H9T and H9.2H shouldn't have any major issues.

usb flash with recovery image to ensure all system settings are reset

Above were from this thread:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63683-New-build-box-stuck-at-49-boot

USB flashing guides here if you want to double check you are doing everything exactly as stated
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/zgemma-usb-flashing-guides/

Maybe you can try and flash by command line using Grog's script. (Also in the link in the guide in my signature)

twol
20-05-21, 08:27
The H9s is a very straight forward and simple architecture box that can be simply usb flashed providing the usb has been initialised correctly.
The akward bit is powering on the receiver on whilst holding down the small white rear reset button - with stubby fingers a bit awkward!

imzy82
20-05-21, 17:56
Buddy I've been doing this procedure and still no joy.

Box turns on, zgemma logo on box turns red then openatv start screen appears then it goes blank (this is without holding reset button).

twol
20-05-21, 19:51
Buddy I've been doing this procedure and still no joy.

Box turns on, zgemma logo on box turns red then openatv start screen appears then it goes blank (this is without holding reset button).

(this is without holding reset button). ….. this needs to be depressed until it starts flashing

cactikid
20-05-21, 23:22
+ remember usb sticks need to be 8gb for flashing boxes and if not recognized it bypasses it.
What size were you using?