PDA

View Full Version : Loss of local BBC One East E and some HD channels

PBlackmore
13-05-21, 20:17
Good evening all,
I hope I have put this in the right section, apologies if not.

I have a VU+ Duo2. One night all the channels I mainly watch were ok (BBC One East E, BBC One HD and BBC2 HD), then they have now stopped working. I tried rescanning the Autoboutique, but no luck there. The version was quite old, over a year old, so I thought the best thing to do would be to download the latest OpenVIX and apply that, which I have done, but I am still having the same issue. If I select one of the channels I get “Tune Failed”.
Can anyone through some light on the issue, any tests I can try?

Thank you in advance.

Huevos
13-05-21, 20:28
There is no "latest" OpenViX build for the Duo. OpenViX stopped building it in July 2019.

Problem could be a few things. Dish alignment, LNB failure, cable failure, or the Duo itself has gone faulty. Or the tuners are set up wrong.

PBlackmore
13-05-21, 20:35
Sorry, I tried to edit before anyone commented. It is a VU+ Duo2.

Both tuners are showing a strong signal.

The weird thing is with the BBC One channels is that I can get all the others, just not the one for my area. It just stopped working literally over night.

Huevos
13-05-21, 20:52
Have you run AutoBouquetsMaker for your region?

ronand
13-05-21, 20:57
Exactly which variants can you receive/not receive? "All the others" is not very helpful. I suspect a faulty lnb.

PBlackmore
14-05-21, 06:49
I have cleared and rerun the AutoBouquetsMaker using FreeSat, Sky and both, but no difference.

The weird thing is with the BBC One channels is that I can get all the other BBC One channels, just not the one for my area, BBC One East E. It just stopped working literally over night.

How long should an LNB last? Mine is probably 15 years old? From when Sky originally installed it.

ronand
14-05-21, 07:35
That is not very helpful as it doesnt confirm exactly what you can receive.

Here is a full list of BBC ONE channels and their frequencies

en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=bbc+one

Please check it (the 28e channels) and confirm what you can actually receive.

An lnb can fail at any time especially the cheap crap supplied by sky.

abu baniaz
14-05-21, 08:50
ABM reads tables, it does not scan. Provided you can receive the frequency for the provider, it will add every channel on the data tables even though you may not be able to receive some of them.

Instead, use manual scan, single satellite, no to network scan. You can enable "clear before scan" if you want. How many channels do you get? You should get over 850 services.

PBlackmore
14-05-21, 11:00
So I did a scan, 656 channels.
The BBC channels it can see are :
BBC One Scot
Lon
NE&C
Yorks
N West
East W
S East
West
CI

The other BBC One channels are now showing as <n/a>

PBlackmore
14-05-21, 11:02
And
BBC One ScotHD
BBC One Wal HD

ronand
14-05-21, 11:03
Looks like a faulty lnb then. You are not receiving the Low Vertical quadrant.

abu baniaz
14-05-21, 11:06
There is a hardware fault. You will have to rule out the various possibilities one by one.
LNB fault
Dish misalignment
Cable damage
Tuner/receiver fault

I think it is most likely an LNB fault. Can you test your box at another location? (must not be a Sky Q wideband LNB)

PBlackmore
14-05-21, 12:30
I don稚 have another box to test with, but I知 moving in 3 weeks, so I知 not buying a new LNB and leaving it. Seeing what you have said, where I知 moving to, they have Sky Q. Will their wideband LNB be no good?
Thank you for your help though.

Andy_Hazza
14-05-21, 15:29
I don稚 have another box to test with, but I知 moving in 3 weeks, so I知 not buying a new LNB and leaving it. Seeing what you have said, where I知 moving to, they have Sky Q. Will their wideband LNB be no good?
Thank you for your help though.

You will need to change the LNB as the Wideband (SkyQ) one won稚 work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBlackmore
14-05-21, 20:56
Ok, thank you.

I’ve tried to google the difference between them, but it only says about recording 3 watching the 4th feed, but what is the difference from a standard lnb? Why does it not work? Only asking out of interest. Thank you.

JonMMM
15-05-21, 08:19
Different technology bit like trying to play a playstation game on a PC

Huevos
15-05-21, 08:35
The wideband receives 2 blocks, (10700V - 12750V and 10700H - 12750H) and the Universal receives 4 blocks, (10700V - 11700V, 10700H - 11700H, 11700V - 12750V, and 11700H - 12750H).

PBlackmore
15-05-21, 08:46
New dish and LNB then.
Thank you all for your help and advice, it’s appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
15-05-21, 15:22
New dish and LNB then.
Thank you all for your help and advice, it痴 appreciated.

The dish will be new段sh so probably easier just to look for a Sky Q Hybrid LNB and swap that over.
The Hybrid one has the 2 SkyQ Wideband ports (usually gold) then whichever extra traditional ports you go for. I have the 6 way Hybrid version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk