PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K SE] Strange tuner problem

Clemente
13-04-21, 23:02
Hello, I bought a new Vu+ Duo4KSE, uploaded OpenVix 5.4.008, but I have a very strange issue with tuner configuration, never seen in many Vu+ boxes I tested.
My receiver came with two tuners installed: 1 Twin DVB-S2X Multistream satellite tuner and a double DVB-T2 terrestrial one.
Entering in Menu > Setup > Tuner & Scan > Tuner Setup I see all tuners in such reversed order. Both terrestrial tuners are at the top of the list (Tuner A and B), then I read six FBC tuners (from C to H) and finally two tuners that I can configure (Tuner I and J). It never happened to me. I always found satellite tuners at first with two configurable tuners at the top, then FBC, then terrestrial.
If I attempt to configure one satellite tuner it seems to work, I have signal from the dish, scanning seems performing well, but when I try to recall any found channel it says "Service unavailable. Check tuner configuration!". This happens with ALL satellite channels, terrestrial channels work well instead.
I tried to upload a setting list that I always use in my Vu+ boxes (I have more than one), this list always worked well but this time nothing changed. Now I do not know how to clean the box from this list I just uploaded.
So, where is the problem? Why I see my tuners in this strange reversed order and how can I fix this?
Thank you for your help.

Clemente
14-04-21, 10:58
Update: I tried with different non-Openvix images and this problem remains. Also, I tried with latest OpenVix 5.4.009 downloaded from here but nothing changed. I do not think it is hardware related because tuner seems to work. The problem is how these tuners are recognized by the images. What can I do or test? Any idea? Please help. Thanks.

ccs
14-04-21, 11:03
Can you have a look at the back of the box, see if it looks something like this, (but with just one fbc tuner in this example).

adm
14-04-21, 11:32
So, where is the problem? Why I see my tuners in this strange reversed order and how can I fix this?
Thank you for your help.

Plug in tuners? Are they just fitted in different tuner slots to what you are used to?

Clemente
14-04-21, 12:01
Ohhh.... are you saying that tuners are wrong fitted? I'm afraid you are right. Looking the back panel of the box I have Twin satellite tuner at left (near the left corner), and just right near the first tuner I have terrestrial one. So, from the left I see satellite, then terrestrial, then optical, HDMI and all other connectors.
Please note that the receiver came new from a german dealer but it was totally sealed (I personally opened the original box). So a factory mistake?
If this is the issue what can I do? Maybe opening the receive and swapping tuners could be enough? Thanks.

ccs
14-04-21, 13:08
..... sounds like your tuners are fitted ok, can you post a photo of the back of the box?

Clemente
14-04-21, 14:02
No ccs, it was wrong! I opened my box, reverted tuners and now it works! Problem solved!
Do you think reflashing with fresh Openvix image would be needed? Now it works well, but I do not know if this image could be "dirty" now.
Thank you for your help.

ccs
14-04-21, 14:14
No ccs, it was wrong! I opened my box, reverted tuners and now it works! Problem solved!
Do you think reflashing with fresh Openvix image would be needed? Now it works well, but I do not know if this image could be "dirty" now.
Thank you for your help.

OK, your post #5 confused me. :)

I'd be tempted to reflash without a settings restore. Reconfiguring/moving tuners around may appear to work, but old tuner values can sometimes remain.