PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K SE] Some Tuner settings not remembered on 5.4.008

bbbuk
22-03-21, 10:24
Hi,

I recently USB flashed to 5.4.008 and by chance noticed that some previously set tuner settings were not set as I had them set them...

I noticed that out of all Tuners available on my Duo 4K SE, that only Tuners A and B (ie actual physical tuners) were those tuner settings remembered. All other Virtual tuners (that correct wording?) C to H then those tuner settings look like they had gone back to somekind of default.

So I didn't think much of it and set tuners C to H back to what they should be (ie Unicable/SCR for 28.2). I did notice that when I changed satellite option back to 28.2, all other previously set options for that tuner were remembered automatically!

So after setting them again, I did a gui restart noticed again that tuners C to H werent fully remembering what I had set them at. Same again when I did a full reboot.

So did another test and set them again and put box into standby and Telnet onto box and put it to sleep and looked at contents of settings file. This looked normal (ie all set as 28.2 etc) and were the same as a back-up settings file I have.

I did a USB flash back 5.4.007 and all tuner settings were remembered without an issue regardless of whether I did a gui restart or a full reboot.

So it looks like despite "settings" file being correct, Tuners C to H wasnt reading it for some reason.

However, I did notice that when going into one of these tuners that hadn't remembered what I had set, if I chose to exit without saving (I think it was) then that tuner suddenly corrected itself.

I did a fresh USB flash to 5.4.008 and set tuners and found again, C to H wasn't fully remembering what I set it as.

Now gone back to 5.4.007 :)

EDIT: My tuners are normally set as mentioned in this (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60640-GT-Sat-GT-dLNB1DY-and-tuner-configuration&p=479324&viewfull=1#post479324) thread.

twol
22-03-21, 10:57
In the settings file make sure there are no reference to other satellites or other tuners - in the past I have found that sometimes where you have not setup completely correctly and subsequently corrected the setting, it seems to remember these settings and can restore them - however once the settings file is "cleaned" everything is OK.
Although painful (perhaps) it might be worth doing a clean install and setting up the tuners again.

bbbuk
22-03-21, 12:03
Did init 4 and edited settings file and removed all references to nims and unicable thus forcing me to setup all tuner settings from scratch (inc physical tuner A and B) but same thing once a full reboot or gui restart was done. Sorry, forgot to mention I also did that.

What is strange is I knew the settings file was correct but just the virtual tuners wasnt reading it for some reason. Once I went in and came back out again and accepted prompt about exiting without saving (without making any changes), it then populated that tuner setting as I had previously set it. Like it had realised it wasn't correct.

I've gone back and forth between 007 and 008 and only happens on 008.

bbbuk
17-04-21, 20:14
Just did a USB flash with no restore of settings and still have this issue. It's fine on 007 but from 008 onwards (including current 009) problem is still the same.

Re-cap of my setup: Vu Duo 4K SE with twin FBC tuners. GT-Sat Unicable LNB split feeding both Tuner A and B. Sky UK 28.2 only, nothing else.

Re-cap of issue: If a GUI restart or full restart is done, it doesnt remember my FBC tuners for Tuner C onwards (ie non physical) when you go into it each of Tuner C onwards. Ok for Tuner A and B and no issues with anything when using 007

How I re-created this issue... On 007 where all okay. List of tuners and what happens when you go into Tuner C or higher. Regardless of whether a GUI restart or full restart is done.
61899 61898

Now on 008 (or 009 as this picture was taken from), if I put box into standby only and wake-up, I can go into Tuner list or individual tuners and all okay. If I then do a GUI restart or full reboot, then Tuner list looks okay and so is Tuner A and B. However, Tuner C onwards although look okay in list but if you go into any individual tuner (ie tuner C) then it looks like it has defaulted to non-set tuner setting. Now although this has defaulted to this when you go into it. If you exit and and not save it, it actually then populates with correct settings you would expect.
61897 61896

Looking at changes between 007 and 008, I find below:

openvix: release 5.4.008
Merge branch 'Dev'
[Translations] Update Dutch (NL) translation.
openvix: developer 5.4.008.009
Bugfix: Fix PiP state when using infobar grid EPG (#648)
openvix: developer 5.4.008.008
Fix movielist collection bugs (#647)
openvix: developer 5.4.008.007
Optionally group recordings by name into collections (#646)
openvix: developer 5.4.008.006
[Tools.Directories] SCOPE_FONT: Check the "fonts" folder
Bugfix to re-enable exiting of FIW Ability to exit got removed in the skin reload bugfix
openvix: developer 5.4.008.005
Revert "[dvbtime] Remove unnecessary differences that would cause merge errors"
Revert "[dvbtime] reinstate "timeOK" variable as this is used in ChannelSelection.py"
openvix: developer 5.4.008.004
openvix: developer 5.4.008.003
[skin.py] tweak indent
Add a global scrollbar style You can now optionally set a single global scrollbar style for all eListbox based widgets and ScrollLabel. Example
Fix MovieList itemHeight bug (#643)
openvix: developer 5.4.008.002
[ScanSetup] Support turbo2
openvix: developer 5.4.008.001
Bugfix: Crash when a single move file fails
Centre align movielist icons and progressbar If no partIconeShift or pbarShift is specified, the progress icon and the progress bar respectively align to the centre of the item text
Allow skins to specify default item height For all EpgList components and the MovieList, you can now specify an itemHeight which is used as a default Users can override this in the settings, but if they don't, then switching skins will use the skin's preferred default
[ChoiceBox] Auto buttonsattempt 2
[InfoBarGenerics] reinstate "eventinfo_order"
[ChoiceBox] Fix using "eval" to fetch an attribute
Make skin reload notification show correctly (#641)
[ChoiceBox] Remove auto menu key icon
[Satconfig] setup tuners FBCLink remove all 1.2 diseqc mode (#2857)
[Satconfig] Cosmetic
[Satconfig] fix assign 3607 value(this str not int) (#2725)
[NimManager/SatConfig] Change a variable name
[OpentvZapper] add pip download
[InfoBarGenerics] Cosmetic
[InfoBarGenerics] Remove dead code
[CI] Remove unneeded code
[InputDeviceSetup] Remove pointless code
[VideoMode] remove pointless code
[ParentalControlSetup] Remove pointless code
[UserInterfacePositioner] Remove pointless code
Skin reloader bugfixes (#640)
openvix: release 5.4.007

I noticed a few changes related to tuners but could it be following:-

[Satconfig] setup tuners FBCLink remove all 1.2 diseqc mode (#2857)

I've had to go back to 007 for her but happy to test tomorrow (Sun) if someone has an idea of what issue is.

Huevos
17-04-21, 22:56
I've reported it on PLi as it is their commit causing the problem.

JonMMM
18-04-21, 08:12
Just noticed I have this too on a gigablue UE

JonMMM
18-04-21, 08:41
Just updated to latest release, and all channels show 28.2E, but when you go into them they show 19.2E. Tuner C is my default tuner and as you can see it was set to 19.2 but playing BBC news on 28.2, went back to tuner list then back into tuner C details and it shows correct settings, so think it is a display thing rather than it not working619006190161902

twol
18-04-21, 10:02
Cannot remember your setup - are you accessing 19.2 and 28.2E? If not go through your settings file and remove any mention of 19.2E. (Means freezing the receiver, copying to a PC, editing, and copying back and rebooting) ......... obviously shouldn’t pick up 19.2 but cannot see why it would pick up 19.2 unless its somewhere in your settings file

JonMMM
18-04-21, 10:21
Cannot remember your setup - are you accessing 19.2 and 28.2E? If not go through your settings file and remove any mention of 19.2E. (Means freezing the receiver, copying to a PC, editing, and copying back and rebooting) ......... obviously shouldn’t pick up 19.2 but cannot see why it would pick up 19.2 unless its somewhere in your settings file

Can you remind me where the settings folder is please, I am only using 28.2.

Also discovered if I go into the tuner details and leave without saving it changes to 28.2

bbbuk
18-04-21, 10:27
I use 28.2 only and that is what is set. The settings file confirms it's 28.2 but tuner C onwards, after a reboot, defaults back to 19.2 within Vix tuner menus as if it's not been set. Confirmed still okay in settings file. For me, it's just non-physical tuners it does it for so I have wire from unicable to both ports of my twin FBC tuner (ie tuner A and B) and tuner A and B is fine. Just any tuner from C higher.

As JonMM mentioned, if you go into each tuner and exit out without saving it then corrects itself back to 28.2. It's like it's reading the settings file but not displaying it correctly when you go back into it. Until you have exited out and go back in then it corrects itself and goes back to 28.2.

Relevant part of Settings file below where no mention of 19.2 exists. @JonMMM check in /etc/enigma2/ folder

config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=1
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.0.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=1
config.Nims.0.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.0.diseqcA=282
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=2
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.1.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.1.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=3
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.2.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.2.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=4
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.3.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.3.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.3.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=5
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.4.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.4.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.4.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=6
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.5.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.5.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.5.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=7
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.6.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.6.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.6.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=8
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= GT-SAT
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=dLNB dHello
config.Nims.7.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.7.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.7.configMode=advanced

twol
18-04-21, 10:41
Take it all back - actually checked my Giga4K in the lounge (flashed yesterday) and have same issue!! Will revert change in #4 run a build and see what happens!

JonMMM
18-04-21, 10:42
no mention of 192 its all 282

twol
18-04-21, 10:43
See #11. - will post result

bbbuk
18-04-21, 10:48
See #11. - will post resultWhich commit u reversing as there have been a few and I only guessed at one I specifically mentioned only because it made reference to FBC haha :)

twol
18-04-21, 11:47
So I took out the changes(and replaced the .py on my Giga4K FBC) and at 1st glance it all seems to be OK.
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/ec756ccf833b266be9a020e1e0f9f9575b43fcfc#diff-61d81b4538043a7621fb528826e3cf2f35359895942ec73dff e9053cf29dbb1f

Gui restart etc OK
Will keep a check during the day and see if it reverts

bbbuk
18-04-21, 13:19
So I took out the changes(and replaced the .py on my Giga4K FBC) and at 1st glance it all seems to be OK.
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/ec756ccf833b266be9a020e1e0f9f9575b43fcfc#diff-61d81b4538043a7621fb528826e3cf2f35359895942ec73dff e9053cf29dbb1f
...Thanks for confirming.

Ok, so I also used the commit immediately before the "[Satconfig] setup tuners FBCLink remove all 1.2 diseqc mode (#2857)" commit and so far okay.

For anyone wanting the commit immediately before this one then back-up existing files by renaming to something like .old instead of .pyo and extract files in attached rar to where these two files go...

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/NimManager.py
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Satconfig.py

JonMMM
18-04-21, 15:53
Will the fix go into a new update?

ccs
18-04-21, 16:03
Will the fix go into a new update?

I've reported it on PLi as it is their commit causing the problem.

There's a pull request open to fix it on PLi.

bbbuk
18-04-21, 17:44
There's a pull request open to fix it on PLi.I've just tested their fix for it and in my tests it did indeed now read the defaults. However, a further issue I noticed was if I changed anything in one of those tuners (ie the scr channel) and did a reboot it defaulted back to 19.2 for that specific tuner.

PLi fix can be found here (https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/commit/7d9815802f299b5d1d875f3671e71b78fe373538).

Huevos
19-04-21, 22:47
Please test the new commits in ViX dev.

twol
20-04-21, 09:31
I ran a build this morning and installed new image on my GBUE4K with FBC tuners, this has 28.2E on input A (so A, C,D,E) and 19.2E on input B (B,F,G,H) as well as 27.5W on tuners I/J (DVB-S2X).
Ran reboots, Gui restarts, drop into Standby and out - all looks OK.

bbbuk
20-04-21, 18:41
I ran a build this morning and installed new image on my GBUE4K with FBC tuners, this has 28.2E on input A (so A, C,D,E) and 19.2E on input B (B,F,G,H) as well as 27.5W on tuners I/J (DVB-S2X).
Ran reboots, Gui restarts, drop into Standby and out - all looks OK.Yes, the Pli commit, in my testing did remember the settings. However, once a settings was changed for a non-root Tuner (ie scr channel) then after reboot, it didnt save the settings correctly and instead resulted in just that tuner that had been changed defaulting back to 19.2

UPDATE: My bad, I see that a further commit has been done to force save it on vix only build, not Pli.

JonMMM
20-04-21, 19:11
will this go to a general update?

Huevos
20-04-21, 20:40
will this go to a general update?Is that a serious question?

JonMMM
20-04-21, 21:59
Is that a serious question?

Yes, I assume it will as its a good fix, but will it wait for a while for more upgrades?

Huevos
20-04-21, 23:11
Unless something new is reported there won't be an upgrade, so it will filter down to the release image when that is next built.

bbbuk
25-04-21, 14:56
I've just built this to try this fix out and noticed the plugin feeds for Vu Duo 4K SE havent been updated since January, whereas all the other plugin feeds were updated as recent as yesterday.

I know I can rebuild and make reference to local plugin feeds on my setup but would much prefer to use Vix's Dev plugin feeds if that was possible?

Huevos
25-04-21, 15:17
I removed that machine from the build in January as none of the team members claimed it.

bbbuk
25-04-21, 15:30
I removed that machine from the build in January as none of the team members claimed it.Fair enough. I'll have to change things to use local feeds or just be patient and wait until next general release :)

bbbuk
25-04-21, 18:14
Please test the new commits in ViX dev.Confirm the new commits now does work as expected within current developer build :)