mahyar
14-03-21, 20:17
Hi Guys:
My ET9000 has been working fine for long time(1 years) with openpli4 image
(full name openpli-4-release-et9x00-20191216) but last week it starting on
frozen on an Openpli splash screen or et900 logo same times
i think if flashing it with new image maybe it's fixed and flashing without
chenge bootloder with this image openvix-5.2.043.release-et9x00 successfully
writing it but after reboot not start up or flash from USb only bluelight flashed a few times
yesterday i opening it and found some problems on power supply board:confused:

plz help (sorry for bad enghlish)

adm
14-03-21, 22:04
Hi Guys:
My ET9000 has been working fine for long time(1 years) with openpli4 image
(full name openpli-4-release-et9x00-20191216) but last week it starting on
frozen on an Openpli splash screen or et900 logo same times
i think if flashing it with new image maybe it's fixed and flashing without
chenge bootloder with this image openvix-5.2.043.release-et9x00 successfully
writing it but after reboot not start up or flash from USb only bluelight flashed a few times
yesterday i opening it and found some problems on power supply board:confused:

plz help (sorry for bad enghlish)

Safety first

Everything on the left half of that picture is at a voltage up to 350V including the metal heatsink. This can kill you if you touch it. Even with the mains plug disconnected it may take 5 minutes for these high voltages to discharge to a safe level.

The obvious fault is the round yellow electrolytic capacitor. The top has domed indicating that it has failed. With a bit of luck just replacing that capacitor may get the box working again but often if one capacitor in a power supply fails the ones nearby in this power supply are likely to be close to the end of their life and maybe worth replacing at the same time. It is common in modern electronics for electrolytic capacitors to fail in power supplies. The value of the capacitor will be written on the side as well as, maybe, a temperature rating. Ideally the replacement should be rated at 105 degrees celsius and be listed as a low Z or low Low ESR (low equivalent series resistance) capacitor. Low quality general purpose capacitor are unsuitable for these power supply applications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague#Visible_symptoms

white_westie
16-03-21, 20:44
Just to add, I had the same type of failure (same capacitor) a few years ago, and after replacing it, the box came back to life, worked perfectly until recently.
So, well worth the effort to change the capacitor and see what happens!