PDA

View Full Version : Splitter for single receiver

JonMMM
13-03-21, 18:19
Silly question, but if people are only using one satellite say astra and one receiver with duel FBC tuners why are the splitting the feed into the receiver rather than feed all tuners from the one cable.

I get splitting if you have multiple receivers, also get using the 2 inputs if you use 2 different satellites.

But really dont get splitting a unicable in 2 to put to inputs into the same receiver.

Am I missing something?

abu baniaz
13-03-21, 18:50
If you have one FBC card/module (8 tuners) there is no need to split. If you have two FBC cards/modules (16 tuners), you will need to split. This is because there is no communication between different modules.

JonMMM
13-03-21, 20:17
What I mean is people are splitting just to go into one receiver the has 2 inputs but 8 tuners (Gigablue or VU+) and there is no need.

To start with I thought that was what I needed to do 2 x 4 tuners, I dont think people understand the the 2 tuners can be independent (with linking to none or as many other of the 8 as you like) so if you are only seeing one satellite with a unicable LNB you just need that cable no others. if you have 2 dishes pointed at different satellites both with unicable , then you can pick how many tuners are available to to each satellite.

But most people here are just aiming at 28.2 so no point in splitting

abu baniaz
13-03-21, 20:26
It is an option, you don't have to.

What do you want to do?