PDA

View Full Version : Finding which cable goes to lnb

robti
04-03-21, 10:13
Have a twin lnb with one cable going to the motor then the 2 cables run to tm twin oe. Now the problem is I disconnected the cables last year at the box and want to set this up again, so box was reset at the time, so I was thinking connect one cable to lnb 1 input and see if the motor moves when a different sat is input and that would let me know if that cable is the one that controls the motor. So I remember how to set my location but what do I set the tuners to in the settings ?
Thanks

bmitie
05-03-21, 16:49
To set your location you would need to use USALS and to get to that the tuner mode would be positioner but I guess you have figured that out by now. What image are you using out of interest?

robti
05-03-21, 23:39
I think it’s the last fix from a few years back when they dropped support, I can set it all up but it’s when it asks to set the cables up that I forget

abu baniaz
06-03-21, 01:23
Surely the cables are already connected? Only problems is that you don't know which is which.

If you are asking how to you configure/set the tuner? See here for the motorised one:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56116-motorised-dish&p=444262&viewfull=1#post444262

Setup/configure Tuner A only. Disable Tuner B (set as not configured)
Connect one cable at a time to Tuner A. If the dish moves, you have the motorised wire. If it doesn't, try the other cable. Hopefully that moves the dish. Then put a label on the cables.

Once you know which is which, the cable that bypasses the motor and goes directly to LNB is set/configured as: second cable of motorised LNB

robti
07-03-21, 11:49
Surely the cables are already connected? Only problems is that you don't know which is which.

If you are asking how to you configure/set the tuner? See here for the motorised one:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56116-motorised-dish&p=444262&viewfull=1#post444262

Setup/configure Tuner A only. Disable Tuner B (set as not configured)
Connect one cable at a time to Tuner A. If the dish moves, you have the motorised wire. If it doesn't, try the other cable. Hopefully that moves the dish. Then put a label on the cables.

Once you know which is which, the cable that bypasses the motor and goes directly to LNB is set/configured as: second cable of motorised LNB

Thanks cables were disconnected and for some reason marked the wrong way round (admit it was my fault) so I have already set it up and only came back on to ask about tuner B set up which you have very kindly answered for me, many thanks off to set it up:)