PDA

View Full Version : How do I do wipe a box for ready for a clean firmware install of VIX 2.x?

bitvandal
15-02-11, 22:52
Hi All

Please excuse the newbie question. I was wondering if there was a easy way to do a completely clean install of VIX. 2.0 i.e. wiping down everything off of box including old config, bouquets etc?

Thanks in advance!

Larry-G
15-02-11, 22:55
when you flash new firmware to the box it wipes it first then flashes the new image. the same as when you re-install the operating system on a pc / laptop.

rte
16-02-11, 07:48
If there is a backup of your previous image or settings in your HDD, be sure to clean HDD first. For me it happened that ViX used the settings there without asking the restore option after reflashing.

andyblac
16-02-11, 17:59
If there is a backup of your previous image or settings in your HDD, be sure to clean HDD first. For me it happened that ViX used the settings there without asking the restore option after reflashing.

it should not it will ALWAYS ask, you might have been a little quick with the 'OK' button in the setup wizard ;)

bitvandal
16-02-11, 22:50
Cool. Thanks all. I'll just re-flash and choose not to restore. :thumbsup:

rte
17-02-11, 09:37
There must be a setting omitting the restore question. I must have set that on because my VTI-flashing passed the restore-question and so happened when I reflashed from VTI to VIX. Only cleaning the back-ups in HDD brought the restore question back.