PDA

View Full Version : Amiko Mira-X HiS-2000 / HiS-3000 - scheduled recording

DarrenBull
27-02-21, 12:48
Hi,

I have a Amiko Mira-X HiS-2000 / HiS-3000 all set-up working. The CrossEGP is OK and I have Favourite Groups that seamlessly mix satellite, terrestial and IPTV. It's a very good experience and the timeshift works well across all sources however I don't seem to be able to get scheduled recording to work from any source? In the EPG I press the RED button and the program is marked to record however the red record symbol often disappears after a few seconds? Occasionally it stays put if the prgram is more than a few hours in the future but it never seems to record anything.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers.

JonMMM
27-02-21, 14:24
In the epg you should press green for a 1 off timer and blue for a auto timer

Amiko UK
27-02-21, 21:49
I guess there are a few things this could be but probably best to start with the basics and work from there. The very basic stuff first off then (and I am sure you'll already have these done, but will mention just in case)...

Do you have a the system time set correctly?
Press MENU on the remote control and check the clock and date in the top right hand corner, if all correct then fair enough, if not then set then set this at MENU > Settings > Time Settings and adjust until correct date and time are shown

Do you have a USB stick and/or HDD connected?
You will get the USB connected and disconnected messages when you plug in and unplug a USB stick / HDD but that doesn't tell you a great deal so with it plugged in just check at MENU > File > USB Information that everything looks correct, use Format (Red Button if needed)

Have you confirmed the USB stick and/or HDD to be working with recordings?
Instead of going with setting timer recordings just yet then first off with the drive connected try and instant record on a channel, any channel, just to confirm it's working and recording. While on the channel press the Record Button (bottom left hand corner button on the remote) and let it just record something or other for a few mins (watch out for any error messages when you press this button, just in case). When you are ready press the Stop Button and confirm Yes to stop the recording. Now got to MENU > PVR > PVR Recordings and hopefully your recording is there and can play back?

I think best to start with the above so we can take it one step at a time, I know we've not actually gone so far as to cover what your actual question was about the timer recordings but if we start with this then based on the answers it should help us to move on to that next.