PDA

View Full Version : GTV with Xtream TV

jamesjay
26-02-21, 18:02
Hi Folks,

As in the title is anyone with a Formuler GTV using it with the Xtream app for IPTV? I have been searching for information for a while and know this App works with Formuler boxes but my provider doesn't provide logins or passwords but he is reliable and helpful when needed.

I believe the MyTvOnilne2 app on the GTV will cause a problem for the Xtream app.

Thanks in advance,
James.

daz450
26-02-21, 20:16
MyTvonline 2 is far superior to xtream app, you can use MAC ID , Username and Passwordn or an M3U File

CRUMBLIN
26-02-21, 20:36
Agree with daz450, however my supplier has it's own Xtream app which required to be installed on my Z8 and as yet works as well as Xtream did on my Enigma2 Sat box.
would prefer to be using My TV given the choice.

jamesjay
28-02-21, 12:07
Agree with daz450, however my supplier has it's own Xtream app which required to be installed on my Z8 and as yet works as well as Xtream did on my Enigma2 Sat box.
would prefer to be using My TV given the choice.

Thanks for the replies they are greatly appreciated.

@ Crumblin, I am interested in the fact that you have a IPTV provider that also uses a Xtream panel like mine...so are you confirming that the Z8 works with the Xtream panel because that would resolve my problem of what to buy.

Thanks again.
James.

daz450
28-02-21, 16:00
yes Z8 will run perfect with Xtream Panel. providing your supplier has a brain.

JonMMM
28-02-21, 22:07
If your supplier just has their apk and thats all they will do it will work on the Z8 etc but will not be better than cheaper boxes.

CRUMBLIN
28-02-21, 23:15
Sorry for the delay, the Forum decided that it was time to change my log in details followed by a load of aggravation to get logged back in. In my case the provider supplies an .apk file that needs to be downloaded via it's web site for installation on the Z8. in my case only the provided apk will work with my provider.

jamesjay
14-03-21, 19:04
Thanks for the replies,

I am leaning towards the GTV because it is Android 9 and will be good for a few years, I have checked and I can use Smarters with my provider or maybe load a side app if the GTV will allow it?

I have a Logitech touch remote that I will be using with GTV and the voice control remote won't be getting that much use after setting everything up and don't like using voice commands anyway.

So my final question is does anyone know if I can use my Samsung Android 10 phone as a keyboard like the Mirror Control in the Z8 Pro in GTV, if I can't I may as well go for the Z8 but with it being Android 7 its not as future proof.

Thanks for the replies.
James.