PDA

View Full Version : Dual tuner streaming

sebus
23-02-21, 19:58
Multi LNB on a motor. One cable goes to TunerA, second to TunerB

TunerA = positioner
TunerB = second cable...

Can stream any single channel with no issue.

But if I watch a channel on TV, on few channels streaming a different channel (different transponder) is almost impossible (it breaks all the time). While the one on TV is fine or the other way round)

But some combinations of 2 different channels is fine for simultaneous watching & streaming.

So I do not think it is that H7 is not powerful enough to do that
I think I have some settings incorrect.

Is there a way for "force" channel to be received via specific Tuner?

Thanks

sebus

BrokenUnusableAccount
23-02-21, 20:14
It should work fine as long as tuner A doesn't aim the dish away from what Tuner B is receiving.

sebus
23-02-21, 23:35
It should work fine as long as tuner A doesn't aim the dish away from what Tuner B is receiving.

Should being the operative word. Some do, some do not. It is a single LNB with 2 cables out, so no way to aim it at something different!

cactikid
23-02-21, 23:52
What levels are showing on signal on both tuners.

sebus
24-02-21, 23:21
Excellent. 88-90. As I said, it only happens on some combinations of channels

BrokenUnusableAccount
25-02-21, 04:00
When the dish here was out of alignment and some signals were okay while others were weak or unusable I did find that when one tuner changing transponder could change the S/N ratio on the other enough to change it from weak but usable to not working at all.
But if you have signals that bad something is wrong with the dish alignment, the LNB or the wiring.

Can you tell us some of the combinations that work and don't work?

BrokenUnusableAccount
25-02-21, 04:06
Should being the operative word. Some do, some do not. It is a single LNB with 2 cables out, so no way to aim it at something different!

Then what did you mean by positioner and motor here:

Multi LNB on a motor. One cable goes to TunerA, second to TunerB

TunerA = positioner
TunerB = second cable...

Rob van der Does
25-02-21, 11:01
That is not possible in the 'second cable from...' setup.

@Sebus:
1- Are all the channels involved FTA?
2- What happens with the signal quality (SNR, not AGC) when you notice these issues?

sebus
15-05-21, 17:07
Have tested & redone both cables
Each cable separate works fine

But from quad LNB I can only stream a channel & watch another channel from the same TP (like describe here (https://www.boards.ie/mobile/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115669008&postcount=456))

It makes no difference if channels are enc or FTA

sebus

sebus
21-05-22, 16:19
Anybody has any more ideas?

Thanks

sebus

sebus
03-01-23, 21:22
Nobody? Is it supposed to work? Depends on the LNB? Used image?

sebus

Huevos
03-01-23, 22:12
Nobody? Is it supposed to work? Depends on the LNB? Used image?

sebusYou need to be specific. Channel you are watching. Channel you are recording.

sebus
03-01-23, 23:28
It is all in first post

There is no recording involved

One channel on TV & another one streamed to PC

Two DO work ONLY if both coming from same transponder

Huevos
03-01-23, 23:33
Ok, so you don't want to provide the channel names. Also need settings file from /etc/enigma2.

sebus
19-08-23, 17:58
It does not matter what channels they are, it is the same for each & any pair (same transponder = both fine, different transponders = only first one "wins")
Also it makes no difference in behaviour if they are FTA or encrypted channels

slacker17
19-08-23, 23:34
Does picture in picture work?

sebus
02-09-23, 15:04
Anybody any ideas at all?

twol
02-09-23, 17:35
If you are using pure2 which is what your signature says, then I would suggest you flash openvix and try that…..I have no idea what pure2 are based on as they block access to their code ( they are obviously superior to everybody else), but I assume its openatv which uses different code for tuners.

BrianG61UK
02-09-23, 17:36
It does not matter what channels they are, it is the same for each & any pair (same transponder = both fine, different transponders = only first one "wins")
Also it makes no difference in behaviour if they are FTA or encrypted channels
So it behaves like only one Tuner is working.
Check both tuners are correctly connected and correctly configured.

Huevos
03-09-23, 22:16
If you don't have openvix loaded you are posting on the wrong forum.

JonMMM
06-09-23, 20:25
Your signature shows you have a motorised setup are both channels on the same satellite?

sebus
25-12-23, 19:17
No, I do not have openvix

4 way LNB, 1 direct cable goes to tuner A, second direct cable goes to tuner B

H7S has only a single port per each tuner, so impossible to connect in any other way

Tuner A = USALS

Tuner B = Second cable from motorized LNB

I can watch a channel on TV & stream another to PC ONLY if they both come from same transponder (that also means same satellite)

If they are on different transponders (on SAME satellite) only the first channel wins (whichever one was accessed first, either on TV or via stream)

twol
25-12-23, 20:09
You are going to have to specify which image you are using because its one area that maybe different between images in the C++. code

sebus
26-12-23, 10:19
Correct info is in signature

PurE2 7.3.001 (2023-08-18)

twol
26-12-23, 15:29
Correct info is in signature

PurE2 7.3.001 (2023-08-18)

That is not a public image, so cannot even view the code to see what is the setup.