PDA

View Full Version : New receiver time ( current Box Vu+Duo) 10 yrs old

SLOTH
23-02-21, 18:29
Evening

There seems to be a very good choice .. so not sure what to buy .. .. My priorities are 4K UHD, Tuner versatility Sat + DVB T , PVR , K*di style add ons and FBC .. so looking for recommendations and experiences with what is currently on the market .. Budget up to around £250 .

Thanks in advance..

Just to Add .. i am airing towards the Octagon SF8008 .

twol
23-02-21, 19:22
Evening

There seems to be a very good choice .. so not sure what to buy .. .. My priorities are 4K UHD, Tuner versatility Sat + DVB T , PVR , K*di style add ons and FBC .. so looking for recommendations and experiences with what is currently on the market .. Budget up to around £250 .

Thanks in advance..

Just to Add .. i am airing towards the Octagon SF8008 .

If you mean FBC tuners, thats only Vu+ and Gigablue
SF8008 is not my favourite receiver and way down on my receiver list for picture quality

SLOTH
23-02-21, 19:44
Hi twol
Thanks for the quick reply i did look at the Gigablue receivers but was unsure as they are a make i have not come across , i currently have an old Vu+duo .. which replaced my Dreambox 7025 .. so not been keeping with the tech . FBC is not a deal breaker as i will be running motorised . as i said . there now seems to be a lot more choice of good kit but i had not heard of the Gigablue or Zgemma etc .. if you could give some guidance within my price range that would be much appreciated
Cheers

daz450
23-02-21, 20:39
My favourite is the AXHD61 fast and great picture , also great price.