PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] How to use Remote to Switch TV

Hmmnd
21-02-21, 16:40
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to make the red tv on/off button (top left) on the VU+ remote that came with my VU+UNO 4K SE operate with my Samsung Q TV.
At present it does not switch tv on/off

thanks

bbbuk
21-02-21, 18:34
I now have a VU Duo 4K SE and looks to be same model remote as in VU+ IR300 RCU. I too had issues programming remote to control my Samsung TV.

I couldn't find accurate code for my TV so I got my power, volume, etc working to control my TV by following the "TV settings (manual)" method:-

https://wiki.vuplus-support.org/index.php?title=Fernbedienung#Programmierung_.28Ty p_VI.29

Specifically this bit:-

TV settings (manual)
Set-up sequence: << [TV POWER] + [OK] >>, <5-digit manufacturer code>

Switch on the TV
Press the TV POWER and OK buttons for about three seconds until the LED lights up
Look for the 5-digit code in the TV manufacturer list and enter this 5-digit code. The LED flashes once each time a number is entered
If the code was entered correctly, the LED flashes once and then remains on. After pressing the OK button, the LED flashes twice and the code is saved
If the code was entered incorrectly, the LED goes out for 0.5 seconds and then lights up continuously. The manufacturer code can now be re-entered
After you have successfully entered the TV manufacturer code, the [VOL +], [VOL-] and [MUTE] buttons are programmed for use with the TV

Now my Vu Remote controls TV Power, Vol up/down and mute as it should.