PDA

View Full Version : How do I flash extra images to Zgemma H7S??

bmitie
14-02-21, 11:15
I got the Zgemma H7s for a friend with the specific intention of loading 4 images so they could mess about and decide on best one BUT I cant do it!!! I have the AXHD61 and that is easy peasy but they wanted DTT and twin S2.

Box came with Openeatv 6.0 so set iit up with that, then pressed power button and got a multiboot menu but that is only when images have been flashed to partitions. I then loaded Openvix with emmc recovery zip and tried image manager, same thing zilch but now I have not 4 partitions but 8, see pic.

With AXHD61 its easy peasy hold power on remote switch on and hey presto you get boot menu.

What do I do??

twol
14-02-21, 12:40
There are 4 slots but 2 boot modes with the h7 ( so 4 x 2 options) depending on whether you want to use Kodi or hardware pip. So otherwise its just like the HD61

bmitie
14-02-21, 13:42
No its not like the HD61, I cant get to the boot menu. But I may not be explaining myself correctly. I have one image in slot 1 and I want to flash 3 more images but if I just use the USB method it will delete the slot 1. So basically I need to access the boot menu. Hope that makes sense.

I think the way round it is to flash pure2 image first but ....

ronand
14-02-21, 13:50
You don't use a boot menu on the H7 - in openvix you can flash images to the other slots using the image manager.

twol
14-02-21, 14:37
No its not like the HD61, I cant get to the boot menu. But I may not be explaining myself correctly. I have one image in slot 1 and I want to flash 3 more images but if I just use the USB method it will delete the slot 1. So basically I need to access the boot menu. Hope that makes sense.

I think the way round it is to flash pure2 image first but ....

OK - understand. Wherever possible I only use the usb flash once (!) and zgemma‘s boot menu (yes, I know you have a HD61, but ..) I just ignore. As Ronand has posted, just use ImageManager to download the latest images from ViX, OpenPli or OpenATV and flash to the slot of your choice - what could be easier.

bmitie
14-02-21, 17:30
I got it sorted by flashing PURE2 first. I could not get the facility to select a partition with Vix but I probably missed a step.

All ok now

ccs
14-02-21, 17:35
I got it sorted by flashing PURE2 first. I could not get the facility to select a partition with Vix but I probably missed a step.

All ok now

Which ViX release were you using?

bmitie
14-02-21, 17:43
I was using the latest VIX but what I should have done in image manager was press yellow and downloaded images and then selected flash it may have asked for a partition but I was fixted on seeing a boot menu I would not risk it. Pure2 is a lot easier. I have 4 images loaded now.

ronand
14-02-21, 17:54
It cant get any easier in vix. When you select the file for flashing it asks you which slot to put it in.