PDA

View Full Version : Media player

harveybham
15-02-11, 14:46
Iv just installed the new vix image for the sole reason that the version 1.3 would not play mpeg as it would come up with some decoder error message. the new version now works great and it plays the video files perfect!!

my question is, is their another media player viewer? as this version does not like it when i press forward or backwards. as it seems to stop the video playback altogether.

many thanks

punisher
15-02-11, 15:00
Yeh mine has done that a few times too but i just tried again and it worked. Not sure why it does it though

harveybham
17-02-11, 19:38
I still cant get my files to forward at all, they just start over again. anyone having any problems with forwarding films or files. this would make the box complete as everything else works perfect!!

Channel Master
20-02-11, 11:45
What is the simplest method of watching an .avi or .mpeg video on the VuPlus Duo?

I have tried inserting a USB Flash Drive (2BG, FAT32 formatted) in the front USB port. The receiver did not recognise any files (my guess is becuase it is formatted in FAT32).
I have also tried to FTP the videos, an .mp3 song and a .jpg picture onto the Internal HDD, into a new folder I created under /media/HDD. The filenames are visible in Media Player and the .mp3 song plays fine. However, when playing the .avi file there is audio but no video and an error message saying "GStreamer plugin JPEG decoder not available!" is displayed on the blank screen.

Any ideas how to resolve this? (I have installed VIX 2.0 and run a software update).