PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] radio.mvi not displaying

thecaretaker
06-02-21, 10:38
I confess I have not listened to a Radio channel for some time. But I'm not seeing the Radio background. Has the location for the radio.mvi file changed or does VIX no longer support Radio backgrounds?

I have a radio.mvi file (1920x1080) in /usr/share with the bootlogo and backdrop files and also in enigma2 folder.

EDIT: Just to add I have my radio channels in a category in the TV Channels.

Joe_90
06-02-21, 12:12
I can confirm that.

dsayers
06-02-21, 12:54
The radio background shows for me but my radio channels are in the radio section.

Using vix 5.4.005 on my uno4k

Orlandox
07-02-21, 17:46
I have them here: \Root\var\etc\enigma2\ and they are working.

ccs
07-02-21, 18:10
The only (original) radio.mvi file on my box is in /usr/share/enigma2, it's dated 4/8/2020 and it displays ok on the tv, but I can't grab a screenshot - it comes up with a black screen.

Orlandox
07-02-21, 18:31
My radio.mvi looks like this.61432

ccs
07-02-21, 19:41
The only (original) radio.mvi file on my box is in /usr/share/enigma2, it's dated 4/8/2020 and it displays ok on the tv, but I can't grab a screenshot - it comes up with a black screen.

That was an Ultimo4k (the OSD gets picked up), on my ET10K, same file, I can grab a screenshot....

birdman
07-02-21, 22:38
I have a radio.mvi file (1920x1080) in /usr/share with the bootlogo and backdrop files and also in enigma2 folder.I put my own into /etc/enigma2 and it seems to work. Although that may just refer to seeing it during a recording playback.

EDIT: Just to add I have my radio channels in a category in the TV Channels.So do I.
Given that the service id describes it as a radio channel I've never understood why there are separate bouquets for TV and radio.

thecaretaker
08-02-21, 00:54
OK, I'm a silly clump. Probably because I bought an OLED TV and didn't want to burn the screen, at some point I changed my radio.mvi for a completely black image. I kept replacing my saved image which obviously didn't show anything (just a black screen). I have made myself a very faint image now and it is working as it always used to. I'll get me coat.

Thanks for your help peeps.

ccs
08-02-21, 12:30

One final comment, fwiw, on the Ultimo4k, if I grab screenshots every 1 second in OpenWebif, and switch repeatedly between tv and radio, once in a blue moon the radio.mvi shows for a split second.

Huevos
08-02-21, 13:14
I put my own into /etc/enigma2 and it seems to work. Although that may just refer to seeing it during a recording playback.

So do I.
Given that the service id describes it as a radio channel I've never understood why there are separate bouquets for TV and radio.Because a radio channel and a tv channel could have the same LCN. Just because it is not like that on Freeview UK doesn't mean it is always not like that.

Huevos
08-02-21, 13:26
"radio.mvi" is fetched with the priorities of SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN and overridden by SCOPE_CONFIG.

radiopic = resolveFilename(SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN, "radio.mvi")
if os.path.exists(resolveFilename(SCOPE_CONFIG, "radio.mvi")):
radiopic = resolveFilename(SCOPE_CONFIG, "radio.mvi")

To understand the priorities you need to look in Tools.Directories.

skin = os.path.dirname(config.skin.primary_skin.value)
resolveList = [
os.path.join(defaultPaths[SCOPE_CONFIG][0], skin),
os.path.join(defaultPaths[SCOPE_CONFIG][0], "skin_common"),
defaultPaths[SCOPE_CONFIG][0], # Can we deprecate top level of SCOPE_CONFIG directory to allow a clean up?
]
if not "skin_default" in skin:
resolveList.append(os.path.join(defaultPaths[SCOPE_SKIN][0], skin))
resolveList += [
os.path.join(defaultPaths[SCOPE_SKIN][0], "skin_fallback_%d" % getDesktop(0).size().height()),
os.path.join(defaultPaths[SCOPE_SKIN][0], "skin_default"),
defaultPaths[SCOPE_SKIN][0] # Can we deprecate top level of SCOPE_SKIN directory to allow a clean up?
]
for item in resolveList:
file = os.path.join(item, base)
if pathExists(file):
path = file
break

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/Dev/lib/python/Tools/Directories.py#L127-L143

Which gives us this (highest priority to lowest):

/etc/enigma2/<skin-name>/radio.mvi
/etc/enigma2/skin_common/radio.mvi
/etc/enigma2/radio.mvi
/usr/share/enigma2/<skin-name>/radio.mvi
/usr/share/enigma2/skin_fallback_xxx/radio.mvi
/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/radio.mvi
/usr/share/enigma2/radio.mvi

Then the SCOPE_CONFIG override is tagged on the end (/etc/enigma2/radio.mvi), which does not make any sense and should be deleted as that location is already tested by SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN.

Joe_90
08-02-21, 14:53
radio.mvi is present on my ax61hd in /usr/share/enigma2 directory, but it doesn't display when I select a radio channel. I've copied it to /etc/enigma2/ and I'll restart once a recording has finished. I've never seen the radio background on this box on Vix, although it does work on OpenATV.

Willo3092
08-02-21, 15:39
Radio.mvi showing fine on my SF8008 but the ATV forum have a few posts about it not showing on the Zgemma H9 series. Someone said it may be a driver problem :confused:

Sicilian
08-02-21, 15:46
I done some test before I added this radio.mvi. Some machines show it and some don't. Also found some machines don't show the initialial boot screen, only the 2nd one.

Joe_90
08-02-21, 16:14
I checked this on my GB Quad plus. radio.mvi displays correctly. I checked the file versus the one on the ax61 and they are the same. Log file on both show similar entries, but the ax61 is blank. Checked ATV again and it is blank there also.

birdman
08-02-21, 17:35
Because a radio channel and a tv channel could have the same LCN. Just because it is not like that on Freeview UK doesn't mean it is always not like that.But they will have a different service type, so the service reference shows what type it is.

Or do you mean that there could be a channel 100 in TV and a channel 100 in Radio?

Huevos
08-02-21, 22:21
Or do you mean that there could be a channel 100 in TV and a channel 100 in Radio?Exactly.

Huevos
08-02-21, 22:23
And by the way LCN has a top limit of 1024 (i.e. 10 bit), so not an endless resource.

Rob van der Does
20-02-21, 17:26
I put my own into /etc/enigma2 and it seems to work. Although that may just refer to seeing it during a recording playback.

So do I.
Given that the service id describes it as a radio channel I've never understood why there are separate bouquets for TV and radio.
It's up to you if you want to use the two; you can also mix TV & radio.
I do indeed use different bouquets for radio & TV.