PDA

View Full Version : Updated to 5.4.005 some time ago ... still get download and reboot update ...

Mundosat
04-02-21, 10:06
Hi
Updated to 5.4.005 and still get the Green Reboot [I am guessing] icon.

Also every time I check for updates I keep getting 1 Upgrade and Reboot for GiGaBlue UHD Quad 4K !

Tried several times and also switched it off from mains and restarted after about 30 second, one has to try!
Certainly a bug?

Do I have to try re-do update using USB stick instead?

Anyway, receiver seems to be working OK and after last update, it seems the Kodi audio problems has gone - so, there was a bug there too.

Thanks
M

[I]General Note: I noticed with prior updates - every time one waits ages [tens of minutes] to auto-reboot after update, I had to switch it off and on to let it reboot. i.e. the auto-reboot never happens. This after at least 10 minutes - once I waited 30 minutes and had to manually sw-off.

Mundosat
04-02-21, 10:10
addition: is there something to fix on the install files before I try via USB?

ronand
04-02-21, 10:19
I would start with a reflash of the system with the latest image as there is something wrong if you have to wait that long to reboot after updating. Also you dont need to bother with the USB stick - use the Image Manager in the Openvix menu to download and flash the image. Its quicker and easier.

abu baniaz
04-02-21, 10:28
It is probably that h265 update. Only way to confirm it is to check by command line. If it is, you can ignore it, or reflash image using image manager, then restore plugins and settings. Should not take you more than 5 minutes.