PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] startup to standby

Orlandox
30-01-21, 12:56
Hello, is there somewhere a setting that at power failure the box will boot to standby ? At OpenPLi the setting can be found from Main menu/Setup/System/Customize/

Orlandox
31-01-21, 09:54
Is there enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby available, because the setting is missing.

Orlandox
31-01-21, 10:54
Answering to myself : enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_experimental-git20120501-r0_all.ipk is working with OpenViX. Case closed !

dntaylor
31-01-21, 13:25
Thanks for that....I was wondering it their was an extension for this.:thumbsup:

ccs
31-01-21, 13:33
..... I thought power timers would be the solution?

I never need use them, but find the interface to set them up impossible to understand.

adm
31-01-21, 14:37
..... I thought power timers would be the solution?

I never need use them, but find the interface to set them up impossible to understand.
I found the opposite about setting them up and find them useful. I only have three:-

i) to put my box into standby at 00:30 (am)

ii) to put my box into standby if I don't press a button on the remote for 2 hours

iii) to put my box into deep standby if it has been in standby for 10 minutes.

All power timers give an on-screen warning allow them to be manually over-ridden and or the timers are delayed if a recording is taking place (or about to take place)

The power timers work in conjunction so that, say, I walk away from my box and it is still on. After 2 hours the box will detect that I haven’t pressed a button on the remote and put up a warning that the box will go into standby in two minutes (with the options of manually cancelling the action). After two minutes the box goes to standby and the third power timer above kicks in – it waits 10 minutes and then puts my box into deep standby (or waits until a recording has finished).

I have a 10 minute wait until the box goes into deep standby just in case I’m pre-occupied when the standby warning comes up and I miss it. A box just going to standby can be restarted within a few seconds but a box going into deep standby the restart time is 2+ minutes. The box has to first completely close down to deep standby and then switch on again from the deep standby state.

ccs
31-01-21, 14:53
...thanks, it's a lot clearer when there's a description of what it actually does.

I still reckon starting from scratch without the finer detail is confusing, but I've never needed them, so never worked out what they could do..

adm
31-01-21, 15:01
i) to put my box into standby at 00:30 (am)

Possible gotcha to watch out for.....

I was messing around with the time settings the other day and set it to hh.mm.ss in
menu → setup → time → time style

This gives a 12 hour clock display/format

When I went into my power timer in order to provide a screen shot the start date changed to 1st Feb and my time setting of 00:30 (30 minutes past midnight) changed to 12:30.
It is now impossible to set a time of 00:30 because that doesn’t exist on a 12 hour format clock, plus this timer would kick in twice a day at 12:30 am and 12:30 pm

The time format has to be changed to HH.mm.ss in “menu → setup → time → time style” in order to give a 24 hour clock format and allow the setting to be changed to 00:30 and which is only triggered once per day.

My now reconfigured timer.

The deep standby power timer also allows the box to go to that state when the power button is pressed once. Actually pressing the power button once puts the box into standby but the power timer then kicks in and 10 minutes later automatically puts the box into deep standby.

Joe_90
31-01-21, 15:33
I was going to query your time setting as it looked like 12.30pm instead of 12.30am! I tend to use the 24 hour clock as I didn't like the way am/pm was displayed on various skins.

adm
31-01-21, 15:58
I was going to query your time setting as it looked like 12.30pm instead of 12.30am! I tend to use the 24 hour clock as I didn't like the way am/pm was displayed on various skins.

Yes, I use 24 hr format but the other day someone was questioning an incorrect time format message in the weather plug-in - as it worked for me, as a test I tried setting all time formats and inadvertently left it in 12 hour format. I did notice that some DATE and TIME formats didn't quite match what was being displayed in the skin.

birdman
31-01-21, 19:25
The time format has to be changed to HH.mm.ss in “menu → setup → time → time style” in order to give a 24 hour clock format and allow the setting to be changed to 00:30 and which is only triggered once per day.Perhaps the Config code needs to be changed to force a 24hour clock in settings menus?

ccs
31-01-21, 19:42
Perhaps the Config code needs to be changed to force a 24hour clock in settings menus?

The simple_1080 skin doesn't even have the option to change the time format, if that's a step in the right direction?

CRMS
20-05-21, 14:10
Answering to myself : enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_experimental-git20120501-r0_all.ipk is working with OpenViX. Case closed !

Where can I find this plug in please??

CRMS
21-05-21, 11:33
Found the plugin and installed and works fine. How can I edit the plugin so that box goes to deep standby??

ccs
21-05-21, 11:40
Found the plugin and installed and works fine. How can I edit the plugin so that box goes to deep standby??

I'd have used power timers mentioned in post #6 rather than a 9 year old plugin.

Post #6 iii) can get you to deep standby.

CRMS
21-05-21, 11:58
Post #6 iii) can get you to deep standby.

Yes, I have seen that. But my box is on a boat and switched off much/most of the time. When switched on for a future event, say in the middle of the night, I'd prefer it to start in DS and wait to record and then it goes back to DS afterwards.
Actually, I'd like to have 2 options when running the plug in:
Standby Enable/Disable and Deep Standby Enable/Disable.
I've managed to open the ipk and data.tar with Notepad++. But need to work out what line(s) to duplicate and amend. Plus the text for Deep Standby??

ccs
21-05-21, 12:03
Yes, I have seen that. But my box is on a boat and switched off much/most of the time. When switched on for a future event, say in the middle of the night, I'd prefer it to start in DS and wait to record and then it goes back to DS afterwards.
Actually, I'd like to have 2 options when running the plug in:
Standby Enable/Disable and Deep Standby Enable/Disable.
I've managed to open the ipk and data.tar with Notepad++. But need to work out what line(s) to duplicate and amend. Plus the text for Deep Standby??

Timers can be configured to go to deep standby when finished. I use it all the time..

Have you got the source of the plugin? You can't edit the ipk with notepad++.

CRMS
21-05-21, 15:10
Timers can be configured to go to deep standby when finished. I use it all the time..

Have you got the source of the plugin? You can't edit the ipk with notepad++.

Plugin at https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/13780-startuptostandby/#post619789

Edit with Notepad++ at https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/132811-how-to-extract-modify-and-install-ipk-windows-pc/

But I'll try the Power Timer as you describe.

CRMS
21-05-21, 18:03
Power timer "autodeepstandby" works fine. Anyway to reduce minimum time of 10 mins to 5 or 2??

ccs
21-05-21, 18:55
It looks like 10 is hardwired in as the minimum, I think a "manual" deep standby allows you less time before warning you that timers are due soon.

Orlandox
29-03-22, 13:17
Hello,

enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_experimental-git20120501-r0_all.ipk doesn't work anymore with OpenViX 6.1.003. Can someone fix it, please ?

Huevos
29-03-22, 16:14
Where is the source repo for this plugin?

Orlandox
29-03-22, 18:12
I got it from here : https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/13780-startuptostandby/?postID=50970&highlight=startuptostandby#post50970

Maybe it came from here : https://github.com/pli3/plugins-enigma2/tree/master/startuptostandby

The best solution would be that this function is added to the system (system settings), so you can select if the box will start to standby or not. I think it is done to OpenPli.

ccs
29-03-22, 18:49
.....you've not tried a power timer then?

ccs
29-03-22, 21:53
Maybe I should have read post #1 from 14 months ago.

How often do you get power cuts?

Orlandox
30-03-22, 05:00
Maybe I should have read post #1 from 14 months ago.

How often do you get power cuts?

Living in the country side where power is cut when ever wind is moving leaves on trees ;) So very often. My other box ( UNO 4K SE) is also switching tv on through HDMI-CEC.

birdman
30-03-22, 09:47
It's needs some minor changes for Python3.

In plugin.py:

The two print statements need () around the strings they are printing.
One import needs to be changed (a "." added to indicate a local import) on line 5

from .StartupToStandbyConfiguration import StartupToStandbyConfiguration

Then it works.

Orlandox
30-03-22, 10:48

In plugin.py:

The two print statements need () around the strings they are printing.
One import needs to be changed (a "." added to indicate a local import) on line 5

from .StartupToStandbyConfiguration import StartupToStandbyConfiguration

Then it works.

@birdman, thank you very much !!!

ccs
30-03-22, 11:09
Living in the country side where power is cut when ever wind is moving leaves on trees ;) So very often. My other box ( UNO 4K SE) is also switching tv on through HDMI-CEC.

Cheers, I'd be tempted to keep my boxes in deep standby when not in use, power cuts could easily damage them.

birdman
30-03-22, 14:35
Then it works.

Although there's a bug in the packaging for the plugin too.
The Py3 compilation produces *.pyc files, not *.pyo ones, but the ipk file has *.pyo files in it.
So, if you remove the package (as I did after testing it) opkg just removes the files it installed (all it knows about). So the *.py and *.pyo files get removed, but the *.pyc files remain in place. And hence you still have the plugin installed, even after you removed it!

It needs a post-rm file to delete the installation directory (and shouldn't supply *.pyo/*.pyc files at all).

twol
30-03-22, 15:15
so this is the plugin in enigma2-plugins and appears to be updated for python3, just not sure why it doesn't appear in the feeds.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/startuptostandby

ccs
30-03-22, 15:46
so this is the plugin in enigma2-plugins and appears to be updated for python3, just not sure why it doesn't appear in the feeds.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/startuptostandby

Might have been removed 11 years ago...

https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commit/add93b8b787cf5299503f455cbcd1be4b1d10485

At about the same time....

On ViX again, I can add to the above non-working Systemplugins the following non-working Extensions:
Bitrateviewer,
Fancontrol2,
letterbox,
logomanager,
movielistpreview,
and startuptostandby (although that plugin does work: the functionality is already in ViX).

I hope all non-working plugins can be removed from the feeds; much better than making a list of those you'd better not install.....

birdman
30-03-22, 19:30
and startuptostandby (although that plugin does work: the functionality is already in ViX).Is that the case?
Or is this being confused with the box going into standby if waking up for a recording (which is not the same thing).

ccs
30-03-22, 19:33
Is that the case?
Or is this being confused with the box going into standby if waking up for a recording (which is not the same thing).

I don't think it is, but 11 years ago things might have been (slightly) different.

Huevos
31-03-22, 09:05
"startuptostandby" is part of oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins but not in the makefile and not been built for years. So if someone updates the plugin and tests it is fully working we can reinstate it and it will appear in the feeds.

Orlandox
31-03-22, 09:51
As an attachment on post #28 is a working and tested version (with help of @Birdman).

Szelest
06-04-22, 15:10
@birdman, thank you very much !!!

this is exactly what i needed, the only question is, how do i install this? :thumbsup:

ccs
06-04-22, 15:28
... it should be in the plugin feeds in the next ViX release.

CRMS
19-12-22, 18:09
I'm having difficulty with the StartupToStandby plugin which doesn't seem to have reappeared in the extensions list yet. And the previous version, which worked well, has an error when I've restored a back up:

Some plugins are not available:
Extensions/StartupToStandby (Missing parentheses in call to 'print'.
Did you mean print(...)? (plugin.py, line 12))

So trying the wakeup to standby power timer, as suggested above. But it isn't working. Settings are as in the posted jpg:

Wakeup to Standby
repeated
daily
20 December 2022 - I can't set the start date to today 19 Dec?
No
do nothing

Back to 5.4.016 which all works.

cactikid
19-12-22, 18:58
Many things from the past that worked might be Python 2 and new images and plugins are using Python 3.

Developer needs to update their stuff for the new platforms python 3.

CRMS
19-12-22, 20:20
So as in post 37, how do I install the .rar file?? I've extracted it and now have a gaggle of files.

Tkr001
19-12-22, 22:37
Install it from the feeds. If I go to Download Plugins, Extensions startuptostandby is there.

CRMS
20-12-22, 17:24
Found it there today after deleting 5.4.016 StoS plugin and then rebooting into 6.2.011. And it works.
But auto deep standby power timer, as in post 6iii, doesn't work anymore.
I've looked in the Enigma2 debug log and can see auto deepstandby, with a start time, and StartupToStandby listed. 10 mins after the start time nothing happens.

Joe_90
20-12-22, 18:46
I've answered your query about plugin restore not working on a new flash when you have no network available. I didn't realise you had two threads active with the same issue as I was working up from oldest to newest.

May I ask why you are using a plugin to "Startup to Standby"? The enigma code will handle startup to standby without any separate plugin. I use a PowerTimer to startup my AX61 from deep standby at 17.50 daily and go into normal standby. It boots the box without activating the HDMI-attached Sony TV (which would normally power on via CEC if I use the remote to boot from deep standby). The built-in OpenTV EPG reader runs 5 minutes after boot and then I have a timer run an ABM update at 18.00. The PowerTimer is set to return to deep standby at 18:05. Runs every day without fail.

CRMS
20-12-22, 19:27
I use the box on a boat and most of the day it is completely switched off. I power on in the early evening and the plugin goes to standby on start up and box does ABM and EPG updates. If nothing is immediately watched or recorded, the power timer goes to auto deep standby after 10 mins. Likewise after the box has been recording in standby in the night, it goes to auto deep standby on completion.

I am not sure of the significance of the option "Repeat type". I have settings including "repeated" selected, as in post 6iii.

Joe_90
21-12-22, 01:44
If by "completely switched off" you mean that there is no power to the box at all (I understand that you might need to conserve battery power), then PowerTimers are of minimal use to you. If you are manually powering on the box, then you can manually switch it to standby. It begs the question, though, as to where the box is getting its time. Being on a boat you can't guarantee a sat/terrestrial signal or a network connection to set the time reliably.

cactikid
21-12-22, 01:54
Only noticed 31st jan now that date as when lost lan connection.

CRMS
22-12-22, 20:32
Yes, completely switched off. As in unplugged. Agree, the power timer is of no use then. But when power is applied it is useful. StartupToStandby works fine. I just can't get the auto deepstandby power timer to run as it did with 5. 4.016.
The box gets the time from satellite and I haven't failed to get an Astra 28 signal in many years. The sun position 2 hours before local midday is pretty much the same azimuth as the satellite! And I can always use phone wifi hotspot.

Joe_90
23-12-22, 01:56
Ok - if you are cold booting the box, the default is to start up in normal mode. I would infer that you are controlling the startup by powering on the box manually - correct? Therefore you could put the box into standby with the remote after it has booted, without using a plugin. I just use the "startup to standby" mode with a PowerTimer because the process is unattended. Your use case would be that you are present when manually powering up the box.
Autodeepstandby works with a PowerTimer in 6.2 same as it ever did. It's working on a preliminary test release of 6.3 also, so I'm mystified as to why your box is not shutting down. Usually the only thing that prevents the auto shutdown is an upcoming recording. We would need to see debug logs to determine what is going on in your setup.

CRMS
23-12-22, 12:37
Thanks and yes - switch on at wall.
It is just more useful and user friendly, particularly for non techy Mrs S, to have auto deepstandby working as well as StartupToStandby. All other tv boxes have booted to standby.
I'll start a new thread and post the debug log.