PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Crash when configuring SAT>IP tuner

Arcy
28-01-21, 17:49
Not having used the SAT>IP tuner plugin for many months, I've been trying it again -- but now it always crashes and restarts the GUI. With the SAT>IP plugin loaded, I select Setup, then Tuners & Scanning, then SAT>IP Client. Then, with the highlight on any of the Virtual Tuners, I press the yellow Setup button. The screen clears, and after a couple of seconds the crash message and event log appear.

This happens with my Octagon SF4008 (see attached log) and also with my Edision OS mio 4K and my GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K. The satipclient is version 5.4+git2637.

twol
28-01-21, 17:54
The plugin needs updating .... many changes in the failure area

psul
29-01-21, 09:58
The plugin works perfectly with openatv, but not with vix.

Sent from my SM-T595 using Tapatalk

Arcy
29-01-21, 13:34
Thank you, psul, and twol -- it does indeed work with OpenATV. However, I've found OpenATV hard going ;-)

twol
29-01-21, 14:24
Thank you, psul, and twol -- it does indeed work with OpenATV. However, I've found OpenATV hard going ;-)

I will have a quick look - if I can fix it will be temp until later this month and I will post here.

twol
29-01-21, 14:37
Copy the module below to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/SatipClient
Don't know if there will be further issues, but at least it doesn't immediately crash on config

Arcy
30-01-21, 13:48
Many thanks for your quick reply, twol, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. I've tried your revised plugin on my Octagon and my Edision, but they still crash when I press the yellow button.

Just to be clear about what I'm doing (because I don't know my way around Python) -- I ftp your python.py into the SatipClent folder, I rename the existing python.pyo to something else, and I rename python.py to python.pyo .Then I reboot for luck and try again to set up a SAT>IP tuner.

Incidentally, I notice that your python.py is about 20% smaller than the original python.pyo. Don't know whether there's any significance in that.

ccs
30-01-21, 14:06
Many thanks for your quick reply, twol, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. I've tried your revised plugin on my Octagon and my Edision, but they still crash when I press the yellow button.

Just to be clear about what I'm doing (because I don't know my way around Python) -- I ftp your python.py into the SatipClent folder, I rename the existing python.pyo to something else, and I rename python.py to python.pyo .Then I reboot for luck and try again to set up a SAT>IP tuner.

Incidentally, I notice that your python.py is about 20% smaller than the original python.pyo. Don't know whether there's any significance in that.

No - leave the .py file alone, restarting the gui will build a new .pyo file

Joe_90
30-01-21, 15:25
... and make sure to delete the .py afterwards, when the .pyo file is built after a restart. Otherwise the old .py file can cause issues after a new update.

twol
30-01-21, 16:16

Both ccs & fat-tony are correct - the system will handle the .py when it reboots no need to do anything but copy it. Its smaller because its the straight python code and I removed a couple of lines of code.

Arcy
31-01-21, 11:31
Thank you, all, for your help -- but I must be making some very silly mistake, because I'm still getting this crash on three different makes of receiver.

What I've been doing is to ftp into the SatipClient directory on the receiver, upload plugin.py, delete plugin.pyo, reboot the receiver, then go to SatipClient tuner setup and press the yellow button. The screen goes black and after a few seconds the attached log display appears briefly on the screen.

twol
31-01-21, 12:49
OK - not your problem and this is a different issue.
I gave you an updated python3 version, which I assumed would be python2 compatible (wrong!)

So here is the updated python2 version below.
Again just copy to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/SatipClient

Arcy
31-01-21, 17:02
Wow! Well, that's done the trick. Many thanks for your patience, twol!

It's now working perfectly with my SAT>IP Multibox :-) But I can see that there's work still to do on my Raspberry Pi /TVhat/TVheadend receiver for DVB-T-T2: the plugin recognises it but doesn't find any channels. I must have made some error in setting up TVheadend -- it's a bit of a jungle in there.

twol
31-01-21, 17:27
Good - pleased it works for you. Unfortunately you will have to copy this changed .py if you reflash - to be honest have no idea why it doesn‘t crash on OpenATV unless you are using ATV 6.5 version. If I get time after my operation will look at updating this plugin

HGass
07-07-21, 10:31
Hello all,
Thanks a lot to you guys for raising this issue and fixing it.:thumbsup: It fixed it for me too but I can't see any channels too...:rolleyes: