PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] GUI fails to display on TV

herisson
26-01-21, 12:17
The gui stopped displaying on the tv. It displays on the lcd on the VU+.
There's Nothing I can do to get this back including a cold start or a restore. I had to re-flash the image.
After a few hours the gui stopped displaying again. Repeated the process and still the gui stops displaying after a few hours.

twol
26-01-21, 13:07
What exactly do you mean by gui?
The skin disappears?
The menu/setup controls stops working?
The Infobar stops working?
The picture disappears??

Joe_90
26-01-21, 13:27
@herisson - you have asked the same question in another thread. Maybe stick to one thread?

herisson
26-01-21, 13:42
What exactly do you mean by gui?
The skin disappears?
The menu/setup controls stops working?
The Infobar stops working?
The picture disappears??

Only the streamed sat picture is shown and nothing else despite what I press. The lcd does however show the gui as requested by the remote control.
If I request the epg the sat picture correctly reduces in size to make way for the epg but the rest of the tv is black.
If I request a menu the tv goes black.
If I press OK no info bar appears.

I'm assuming that everything but the streamed video is known as the gui?

Trial
26-01-21, 13:48
Hi,
this happens when Chromium was not closed properly but a reboot should fix this normally. Do you use Chromium which is active when using web browser (HbbTV) or Youtube TV?

Ralf

herisson
26-01-21, 13:51
Hi,
this happens when Chromium was not closed properly but a reboot should fix this normally. Do you use Chromium which is active when using web browser (HbbTV) or Youtube TV?

Ralf

No, this is a clean flash other than I used autobouquetmaker to set up the epg.

twol
26-01-21, 14:20
Which skin are you using???

herisson
26-01-21, 15:01
Which skin are you using???

Whatever comes as standard.

herisson
29-01-21, 18:02
I re-flashed the latest image and set up the EPG. Everything working so I took a backup. Everything was working for 2 days then the GUI disappeared from the TV for no apparent reason.
I tried rebooting the GUI, rebooting the box, restoring from the 'working' backup.
Nothing would get the GUI to display on the TV apart from re-flashing the image.