PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] HDMI cec

link
20-01-21, 14:37
Hi there is any one can help since last up date can not control my box with tv remote any more tried every thing to get working do I have down grade to previous version

link
21-01-21, 14:42
so it does support hdmi cec any more no replies

twol
21-01-21, 15:42
turn on debug logs menu/system logs/setting and save somewhere safe. Reboot and post log here

ronand
21-01-21, 15:49
Its probably best to turn off HDMI CEC on the box and TV, reboot both devices and turn on again. HDMI CEC is flaky but it should work.

machare
29-01-21, 14:58
I turn on the Vix box with its remote. The Vix box then turns on the TV using HDMI CEC and I am holding the remote to select the channel I want to watch. I use the Vix box remote to turn everything off.

I do need the TV remote to adjust the sound volume.

Mickkie
30-01-21, 23:55
In the HDMI-CEC settings there is a setting "Forward volume keys". When enabled it allows the Vix box's remote control to control the TV volume.

cargen
31-01-21, 21:43
In the HDMI-CEC settings there is a setting "Forward volume keys". When enabled it allows the Vix box's remote control to control the TV volume.It is not working for me.
Box is a mutant hd51.
Any idea how to sort it out?
It would be a nice feature to have.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

machare
01-02-21, 01:02
In the HDMI-CEC settings there is a setting "Forward volume keys". When enabled it allows the Vix box's remote control to control the TV volume.

Alas both my Samsung TVs ignore this input. For one of them I have a Harmony remote to overcome the problem.

Mickkie
02-02-21, 10:15
I also have a Mut@nt HD51 and it works OK here with a Sony TV and Yamaha AVR. As already mentioned HDMI-CEC can be a hit & miss affair with some devices cooperating nicely and others refusing to do so. An approach worth trying is to power down the TV - pull the plug. Then power up the Mut@nt and disable, then re-enable HDMI-CEC. Finally power up the TV and see if the HDMI-CEC handshake between the devices has been initialised successfully.

There's also a plugin to allow testing of HDMI-CEC signals, but I haven't used it.

Good luck.

ronand
02-02-21, 10:24
Its also worth trying a new hdmi cable. I recently had a problem where the tv wouldn't switch to the correct input - the problem was the cable.