PDA

View Full Version : CCcam problem

rob76
14-02-11, 21:09
Hi,

I'm using the Sky UK card with CCcam and I've had this working for a few months now. For some reason today it's not working. How can I try and diagnose the problem? I've already tried reinstalling CCcam 2.2.1 and it didn't work. My cfg file is as simple as can be with just a boxkey and clock frequency in it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

notanotherone
14-02-11, 21:13
i take it its been auto updating np?

Larry-G
14-02-11, 21:24
put it back in its sky box and see what happens

rob76
14-02-11, 21:41
i take it its been auto updating np?
it's been like this for a couple hours now...

put it back in its sky box and see what happens
don't think this would help as I don't have a dedicated sky dish. Only got feeds coming down from a 3-lnb fixed dish setup so the sky box won't be able to show anything (or am I talking ********?)

t.ph
14-02-11, 23:00
As long as one lnb is fixed on 28.2 thats all you need

Larry-G
14-02-11, 23:35
it's been like this for a couple hours now...

don't think this would help as I don't have a dedicated sky dish. Only got feeds coming down from a 3-lnb fixed dish setup so the sky box won't be able to show anything (or am I talking ********?)

providing the feed is for 28.2 east it should be fine. to me it looks like the card has not updated it's rights, put it back into the sky box over night and leave it on say sky 1. see if it updates. if not you may have to ring sky.

niteman1969
15-02-11, 00:20
You should never allow cccam to update the card, eventually cccam will send it a bad emm and stop
the card from updating. Best way is to block emm's totally in cccam to card and update overnight in
original box once a month, or use newcs/mgcamd combination to update card.

If you are lucky then you will just have to stick card in original box to regain entitlements,
if you are unlucky then you will have to ring sky to reactivate. Just tell them you went on holiday
and left the box off or something.

Do not let this happen again, as they will ask you to return the card to sky and carry on paying
the remainder of your subscription.

They send occasional bad emm's to defeat using any other than original box

The only safe ways found so far is update in original box or newcs/mgcamd combo.

And if you are using the card for anything other than personal use and using sky broadband
then you are already flagged as using non-original box and for more bad emm's.

Cccam internet use is VERY detectable, so much so that all isp's in the United Arab Emirates
have blocked ALL cccam traffic.

satmanbasil
15-02-11, 00:43
Hi mate

Normally swing my dish round once a month overnite to 28east to allow updates to happen whilst on channel updates seem ok use your CCcam logger for entitlement data.

regards
satmanbasil

plusser
15-02-11, 12:16
You should never allow cccam to update the card, eventually cccam will send it a bad emm and stop the card from updating.

Do not let this happen again, as they will ask you to return the card to sky and carry on paying the remainder of your subscription.

They send occasional bad emm's to defeat using any other than original box

And if you are using the card for anything other than personal use and using sky broadband then you are already flagged as using non-original box.

Cccam internet use is VERY detectable, so much so that all isp's in the United Arab Emirates have blocked ALL cccam traffic.

Do you have any evidence for any of these sweeping statements? I'm sorry but it all sounds like bar talk to me.

Plusser

niteman1969
15-02-11, 21:55
Mate, I don't waste my time making pointless posts - google is your friend - type uea blocks cccam
and see how many hits you get.

Regards

Niteman1969

plusser
15-02-11, 23:25
Mate, I don't waste my time making pointless posts - google is your friend - type uea blocks cccam
and see how many hits you get.

Regards

Niteman1969

Thanks you coming back with some "evidence"
Granted, Dubai (and other countries appear to be blocking CCcam but it isn't clear whether they are blocking the default port, dyndns/no-ip accounts or something more sinister.
As for your other points, I didn't find anything to corroborate what you said.

Alias1
16-02-11, 01:13
IMHO the best set up is oscam mgcamd card always updates never had to put it back in the provider box since activation :)

rob76
19-02-11, 11:08
Thanks guys I've hooked up the sky box again and the card seems to have updated fine now.

I've been looking into the oscam + mgcamd option you suggested however I'm a bit stuck cos all the info I'm finding relates to cs. Can anyone give me some info, or point me to some tutorials, on what oscam provides on top of the softcam like mgcamd. Seems to me like you'd be running 2 softcams together instead of 1.