PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations please

gdmm
07-01-21, 20:55
I think my trusty Vu+ Solo2 may be coming to the end of its useful life.

I have browsed the forum and have narrowed it down to two choices; Gigablue UE 4K or AX HD61 4K. Can anyone provide some opinions, both good and bad on these two?

TIA

lost_one
06-03-21, 00:14
I don't have any experience with the AX boxes, but I have had a Gigablue UHD UE 4k for about a year.

The box originally shipped with a faulty DVB-C/T tuner, but replaced free-of-charge by HM-Sat. Other than this initial problem, it's been faultless and the picture quality is awesome.

I noticed the AX has Hi SIlicon CPU vs Broadcom in the Gigablue, that's really the only major difference I can see. I would think there is a wider range of image support Gigablue, as there seems to be more around.

I'm no expert with Enigma2 receivers, but I don't think there is that much difference in comparably priced boxes these days.

This probably doesn't help much, just my .02 cents.

cactikid
06-03-21, 00:25
I know its a bit late but would ask why you think box is near end of life?
Might ask if you did a new flash to refresh and clear any bugs.

gdmm
16-03-21, 01:30
I know its a bit late but would ask why you think box is near end of life?
Might ask if you did a new flash to refresh and clear any bugs.

A couple of things:

Recordings being a bit iffy and it has locked up a few times. A flesh reflash might be what it needs.

dbmx
16-03-21, 17:55
The HD61 4K is a good box, can't say about Gigablue.
My one thing I hat about my Hd61 is the clicking nose the remote makes when u press buttons 😣

JonMMM
17-03-21, 08:44
love my Gigablue UHD UE, got it about a month back, nice and fast recording are all working as they should. Unicable LNB installed that week. Everything is great