PDA

View Full Version : Unicable tune fail error

thedoc11
01-01-21, 12:28
Happy New year to you all.

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this for me please
i have a opticum red robust unicable LNB 2 legacy, Giggablue quad 4k STB . using VIX image 5.4 latest
when i switch the STB on i get a tune failed error and then after approx 3-4 mins on some occasions the channel will appear.
There are other times where the channel will not come on at all and have to turn the STB off for sometime and try again. Yesterday the STB was set on record I left it the STB on standby and when i came back the tune failed error was displayed and the channels did not record there were 2 recordings that failed to record both at the same time. Seem to me when the box ws placed in standby the power to the LNB also was cut off ??
Is there a workaround or am i doing something wrong ??

Ive attached the images for tuner A and B the setting for the rest of the tuner C - H are the same except the user band is changed to from 3 through to 8

Huevos
01-01-21, 16:52
Have you read the sticky about tune failed messages at the top of this forum? You do have the SEC plugin installed and correctly set up, right?

twol
01-01-21, 16:56
Not sure why you didn‘t connect to input A and then coonnect everything off A, but anyway.....
I have the same LNB on one of my GBUHD4K and the connected tuners all have configuration mode FBC SCR (Unicable/JESS)

thedoc11
01-01-21, 19:33
Yes I have read this sticky and installed, so finally i have now got the tune failed error eradicated the next issue is if i record 5 channels simultaneously i get a tune failed is my setup correct ?? as per the images attached ??

thedoc11
01-01-21, 19:34
yes not sure i guess cam a bit of a novice and have corrected this thank you

thedoc11
01-01-21, 19:37
I have 1 stb with my unicable attached to a splitter and tuner A and tuner B both have a cable connected from the splitter or is this incorrect ??

twol
01-01-21, 20:43
The LNB only has 8 SCR‘s so just connect direct to input A and setup with Tuners B through H connected to tuner A, there is no need for a splitter

thedoc11
01-01-21, 22:15
Thats great thank you

thedoc11
02-01-21, 00:15
Done exactly what you said but i can only record 2 programs and watch 1 program is this correct ??

Huevos
02-01-21, 00:22
The LNB only has 8 SCR‘s so just connect direct to input A and setup with Tuners B through H connected to tuner A, there is no need for a splitterI'd connect both. In some situations this is an advantage. E.g. you can run ABM without a blackout.

Huevos
02-01-21, 00:27
Done exactly what you said but i can only record 2 programs and watch 1 program is this correct ??You need to post screenshots of the setup of every tuner.

Please post screen grabs, not photographs.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

thedoc11
02-01-21, 00:45
So i have connected tuners A,C,D, E to tuner A and Tuners B,F,G,H to tuner B ??

Huevos
02-01-21, 01:18
Please post a screen grab of each tune setup page.

BrokenUnusableAccount
02-01-21, 02:31
I'd connect both. In some situations this is an advantage. E.g. you can run ABM without a blackout.
Both outputs from the splitter or both the unicable output from the LNB and one of the legacy outputs from the LNB?

abu baniaz
02-01-21, 08:18
Both outputs from the splitter or both the unicable output from the LNB and one of the legacy outputs from the LNB?
If you have legacy ports, either option will do. But tuner configuration must match your choice.

Setting the tuner connected to universal port of LNB as unicable is wrong. It should be set as simple, single, 28.2 (as an example)

Huevos
02-01-21, 09:39
Both outputs from the splitter or both the unicable output from the LNB and one of the legacy outputs from the LNB?As Abu says, both will do the job, but my answer is about setting up a Unicable system.

thedoc11
02-01-21, 12:08
Please see the attached screen shots

thedoc11
02-01-21, 12:23
Thats what am trying to do Huevos I have noting connected to the legacy inputs only the unicable input via a splitter

so unicable from the dish to the splitter then from the splitter one cable to to tuner A and One cable to Tuner B and then as per screen shot below as requested

twol
02-01-21, 13:07
Tuner A is not connected to Tuner B both are separate inputs as you have used the splitter to inputs A
& B

Huevos
02-01-21, 13:40
So cables from splitter to socket A and socket B.

Both tuner A and tuner B must be "Connected: no".

All other tuners connect to tuner A, as in the screen grabs.

thedoc11
02-01-21, 14:20
Great will give this a go and report back if I can get it to record multiple channels :sofahide:

thedoc11
02-01-21, 14:32
Hi all i get is a tune failed left for about 5 mins from a cold boot

thedoc11
02-01-21, 14:41
If I connect tuner a as connected to tuner B i get a picture straightaway

scouse645
02-01-21, 14:51
Hi, i had this same problem last year, i was informed in that post by abu baniaz that Gigablue had a bug with the drivers, i asked Gigablue about that but never received a satisfactory answer, i bought a Vu+ ultimo 4k, problem solved, not saying you should do that but informing you about my experience.

abu baniaz
02-01-21, 15:17
What do you mean by "connect"?
A. The option in the menu
or
B "Physically connect wire"

thedoc11
02-01-21, 16:06
option in the menu

abu baniaz
02-01-21, 16:09
Please re-describe the wiring. I.e how you have hooked up the cables. Please be explicit/detailed as possible. (Might be just a repeat of post 18.)

thedoc11
02-01-21, 16:29
This is the best i could do to explain

So from the dish to the splitter is one cable cable
from the splitter i have 2 cables connected directly to the STB one is going to tuner A and the other to Tuner B

hope this makes sense

abu baniaz
02-01-21, 16:46
Fantastic. Getting a diagram from some users is harder than getting blood out of stone. So thanks for the picture.

Just for reference, "Connected" in unicable language means "sharing signal wire from another tuner"

In terms of point of failures (POF):

1. LNB
2. Downlead from LNB to splitter
3. Splitter
4. Downlead from Splitter to Tuner A
5. Downlead from splitter to Tuner B
6. Configuration(software settings)

Firstly double check that the SCR/channels you can select match the LNB. If they don't we are on a wild goose chase and box will be trying to communicate on wrong frequency with LNB

I think we can rule out POF 1&2. Can you remove the splitter and "hook up" the signal cable to Tuner A. Check F- plug for loose strands too.
Apart from A, change all the tuner settings so that you are connected/sharing from Tuner A. Then try recordings, we will do further fault finding if required.

thedoc11
02-01-21, 18:29
your very welcome with the diagram even though it looked like a child had drawn it lol

Can you remove the splitter and "hook up" the signal cable to Tuner A. Check F- plug for loose strands too. i have already done this to no avail

abu baniaz
02-01-21, 18:45
You may need to get a power inserter to stop LNB from sleeping

twol
02-01-21, 18:54
You may need to get a power inserter to stop LNB from sleeping

Why? This LNB works perfectly on my Giga4K.

twol
02-01-21, 19:00
your very welcome with the diagram even though it looked like a child had drawn it lol

Can you remove the splitter and "hook up" the signal cable to Tuner A. Check F- plug for loose strands too. i have already done this to no avail

So we know you get signal on input B so connect cable only to B and connect C-> H to B , disable A just for the minute and see what happens

thedoc11
02-01-21, 19:43
Wifes got some recordings on at the moment on legacy so will have a go later and report back team :)

twol
02-01-21, 20:23
So do the 2 legacy ports go to the Solo2 or ?????

abu baniaz
02-01-21, 21:12
@thedoc11
I uploaded a video to demonstrate the issue I and others are experiencing here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63711-OV-5-4-003-plus-GigaBlue-and-LNB-Switch-Off&p=506453&viewfull=1#post506453

It may be possible that the power remains on from Tuner B, I have not tried it yet. I don't have any other receivers utilising the LNB, so it goes to sleep soon after my GB UE 4K stops using 28.2.

thedoc11
02-01-21, 21:32
Sorry no I have the 2 legacy ports on the lNB connected via a shotgun cable to the receiver, and a single cable for the unicable as well I have disconnected the unicable while i am recording until I get the unicable side of things fixed. Will get change later this evening to try all suggested fixes :) sorry my setup is gigablue quad 4k and a opticum robust 2 red

twol
02-01-21, 22:38
Sorry no I have the 2 legacy ports on the lNB connected via a shotgun cable to the receiver, and a single cable for the unicable as well I have disconnected the unicable while i am recording until I get the unicable side of things fixed. Will get change later this evening to try all suggested fixes :) sorry my setup is gigablue quad 4k and a opticum robust 2 red

So you have a plugin dvb-s2x tuner for legacy??

thedoc11
02-01-21, 23:01
yes the original tuners that came with my quad stb then i added a cable tuner to the second slot

twol
02-01-21, 23:09
yes the original tuners that came with my quad stb then i added a cable tuner to the second slot

So quad stb tuners are usb tuners or ? ........can you define exactly what tuners you have and the type.... I am getting totally confused as to the actual config of this box

bbbuk
02-01-21, 23:25
I'm watching this thread with interest as i'm looking at idea of getting a FBC/Unicable setup but looks like it isn't as easy to setup compared to old/legacy shotgun twin cable :)

So this is what I've read so far regarding OP setup:-
OP has a Gigablue Quad 4k STB which comes with 1x twin FBC tuner (according to sponsor) in addition to any optional tuners.

Along with an Opticum Red Robust Unicable LNB with 2x legacy.

Feed from Unicable port on LNB to a splitter then to both inputs on twin FBC tuner. He has tried without splitter so feed from unicable LNB port direct to FBC tuner.

thedoc11
02-01-21, 23:52
Two built-in DVB-S2X FBC tuners and then i have added a cable tuner in the spare slot no USB tuners are added.

So I have managed to get this running now, with the help and support of everyone.
MY NEXT HURDLE IS THE FOLLOWING

I have to wait approx 10 mins before channels bbc one, bbc two, itv, channel 4, and channel 5 all come on i get a service not found did not found in PAT error and a tune fail, switching between channels within the 10 mins
i can record multiple channels ok once all channels are running. if i put the STB into standby or do a cold boot i have to wait again the 10 mins or so

anybody got any ideas to over come this ???

thedoc11
03-01-21, 02:28
deleted message added quote above

thedoc11
03-01-21, 02:33
@thedoc11
I uploaded a video to demonstrate the issue I and others are experiencing here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63711-OV-5-4-003-plus-GigaBlue-and-LNB-Switch-Off&p=506453&viewfull=1#post506453

It may be possible that the power remains on from Tuner B, I have not tried it yet. I don't have any other receivers utilising the LNB, so it goes to sleep soon after my GB UE 4K stops using 28.2.

Yes totally agree i tried powering from tuner B and that doesn't work looks like a driver update is required to power the LNB continuously even if the stb is in standby, 10 mins from a cold start is way to long

twol
03-01-21, 08:28
When you are running with the LNB legacy outputs where do they go to??

thedoc11
03-01-21, 10:24
When you are running with the LNB legacy outputs where do they go to??

If your talking about from the lnb, I put the shotgun cable and connect directly to the STB to tuners a and b
And change the tuner settings for tuner a and b to simple and the rest of the tuners c-h to automatic. And every channel and recordings work fine.

Huevos
03-01-21, 10:59
@thedoc11, you are wasting our time. This is the Unicable forum. Forget the legacy output. DO NOT USE. Connect the Unicable output of the LNB to the splitter. Connect 2 cables from the splitter to the 2 aerial sockets of the main DVB-S FBC tuner.

thedoc11
03-01-21, 11:29
@thedoc11, you are wasting our time. This is the Unicable forum. Forget the legacy output. DO NOT USE. Connect the Unicable output of the LNB to the splitter. Connect 2 cables from the splitter to the 2 aerial sockets of the main DVB-S FBC tuner.
If you read my previous post you will see that the only reason i was using the legacy was so my wife can continue to record her programs, so I switch between the 2.

Ideally I would like to connect through the Unicable but as I am experiencing the issues as described above so I cannot switch over permanently to unicable as I would get drop outs on recordings when i place the box into standby.

I have come to the conclusion that the issue is the unicable part of the LNB is going to sleep and therefore i am experiencing a drop out after putting the box into standby or cold booting, its taking 10 mins or so for the LNB to power up, so it looks to me there is an issue with a driver on the Giggablue quad 4k

Huevos
03-01-21, 12:05
I thought GB sorted the problem of the LNB being powered down in standby.

What image version and build are you using?

thedoc11
03-01-21, 12:10

What image version and build are you using?

Attached screenshot don't thinks its been sorted its definitely not working

twol
03-01-21, 12:33
So this morning reset my GBUE4K so it just uses the Opticum - NO other connections to this LNB from ANY other receiver and no other LNB connection to the GBUE4K. There is absolutely no issue in droppping into deep standby or standby and then powering up - service access is almost immediate (there is a softcam involved). Tuners E -> H are like C & D.

settings for Unicable are:-

config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=1
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.0.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=2
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.1.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.1.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.1.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=3
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.2.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.2.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=4
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.3.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.3.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.3.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=5
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.4.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.4.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.4.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=6
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.5.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.5.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.5.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=7
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.6.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.6.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.6.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=8
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.7.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.7.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.7.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.8.configMode=nothing
config.Nims.9.configMode=nothing
config.Nims.9.diseqcA=3601
config.Nims.9.diseqcB=3601
config.Nims.9.diseqcC=3601
config.Nims.9.diseqcD=3601

ccs
03-01-21, 12:35

Probably not relevant, but SystemInfo.py has

SystemInfo["LnbPowerAlwaysOn"] = getBoxType() in ("vusolo4k", "vuduo4k", "vuduo4kse", "vuultimo4k", "vuuno4k", "vuuno4kse", "gbquad4k", "gbue4k")

Does that include the gbuhdquad4k or am I barking up the wrong tree? :)

twol
03-01-21, 12:37
So I would suggest connecting up as above BUT disable the C-Tuner (on both ports), so the ONLY inputs are from the Opticum (as above - everything else disabled I have a dvb-s2x plugin here but ran with it disabled for the test).... see what happens

twol
03-01-21, 12:38
Probably not relevant, but SystemInfo.py has

SystemInfo["LnbPowerAlwaysOn"] = getBoxType() in ("vusolo4k", "vuduo4k", "vuduo4kse", "vuultimo4k", "vuuno4k", "vuuno4kse", "gbquad4k", "gbue4k")

Does that include the gbuhdquad4k or am I barking up the wrong tree? :)

Boxtype is gbquad4k and gbue4k

thedoc11
03-01-21, 12:39
So this morning reset my GBUE4K so it just uses the Opticum - NO other connections to this LNB from ANY other receiver and no other LNB connection to the GBUE4K. There is absolutely no issue in droppping into deep standby or standby and then powering up - service access is almost immediate (there is a softcam involved). Tuners E -> H are like C & D.

settings for Unicable are:-

config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=1
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.0.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=2
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.1.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.1.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.1.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=3
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.2.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.2.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=4
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.3.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.3.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.3.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=5
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.4.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.4.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.4.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=6
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.5.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.5.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.5.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=7
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.6.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.6.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.6.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=8
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Opticum
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=Unica ble LNB
config.Nims.7.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=1
config.Nims.7.advanced.sats=3325
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.7.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.8.configMode=nothing
config.Nims.9.configMode=nothing
config.Nims.9.diseqcA=3601
config.Nims.9.diseqcB=3601
config.Nims.9.diseqcC=3601
config.Nims.9.diseqcD=3601

where are these setting if i was to ftp into the STB the tuner settings you have uploaded are identical to mine

twol
03-01-21, 12:52
@thedoc11 - what firmware is showing on the lcd display when it powers up (bottom numbers on display - 4 digits)

twol
03-01-21, 12:56
where are these setting if i was to ftp into the STB the tuner settings you have uploaded are identical to mine
settings file is in /etc/enigma2

unfortunately I am using different satellite NOT 28.2E so you need to change this reference in my settings to 28.2 (check what you currently have defined.
if you can do this then:
to change:
1) Putty and login to the receiver with userid/password, then type init 4 (space between) to stop box
2)Filezilla login and copy file to your PC
3) replace all the config.NIMS with mine
4) replace with 28.2!!!!
5 copy back AFTER renaming current settings file.
6) Putty enter init 6 (space between)

on my box you would replace 3325 with 282

ccs
03-01-21, 13:11
NB. Use notepad++ if you're editing the file on a pc.

thedoc11
03-01-21, 13:55
firmware 1846

thedoc11
03-01-21, 14:02
Boxtype is gbquad4k and gbue4k

were do i find the systemInfo.py file please

ccs
03-01-21, 14:05
were do i find the systemInfo.py file please

Ignore that, I was just querying something which turned out to be irrelevant.

thedoc11
03-01-21, 14:44
Sorry no luck same issues

abu baniaz
03-01-21, 17:25
@thedoc11
Please post a screenshot of a the following page on your Gigablue:
Menu > Information > Devices

Secondly, if you still have your Solo2, can you hook that up to the Unicable LNB, exactly as you did in your diagram. You will only be able to set tuner A & B. Do both these tuners work fine? Experiment with changing the preferred tuner, put box into standby, then wake up box. This will rule out the LNB.

ccs
03-01-21, 17:29
There was another thread a while ago, a different LNB, but the cable tuner problem is also mentioned.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62790-Gigablue-UHD-Quad-4K-2xDVB-S2X-FBC-with-a-quad-LNB

thedoc11
04-01-21, 10:47
@thedoc11
Please post a screenshot of a the following page on your Gigablue:
Menu > Information > Devices

Secondly, if you still have your Solo2, can you hook that up to the Unicable LNB, exactly as you did in your diagram. You will only be able to set tuner A & B. Do both these tuners work fine? Experiment with changing the preferred tuner, put box into standby, then wake up box. This will rule out the LNB.

Ok so it looks like my LNB is working correctly as my sony TV has the capability to utilise unicable and it is finding channels fine and working as it should do so that irons out the lab is that correct ?

i may try and re flash and not restore settings and try from scratch and see what happens will get back you in due course

thedoc11
04-01-21, 18:44
Ok so it looks like my LNB is working correctly as my sony TV has the capability to utilise unicable and it is finding channels fine and working as it should so does that irons out the LNB is that correct ?

I may try and re flash and not restore settings and try from scratch and see what happens will get back to you in due course
still no luck and the channels didn't store on the tv, lost the signal so looks like the LNB and cabling needs checking.

bbbuk
04-01-21, 18:59
I'm new to Unicable but would expect that if you have tried the Unicable cable feed directly from LNB (not the other legacy cable feeds) to your Sony TV and it worked then that would rule out that specific cable and F connector.

Have you tried Unicable cable from LNB directly to Gigablue box (without splitter) into Tuner A without setting up additional tuners and does this work, albeit limited on tuners that can be used? Also have you tried the same thing directly into Tuner B and not A and is that same?

thedoc11
04-01-21, 23:04
I'm new to Unicable but would expect that if you have tried the Unicable cable feed directly from LNB (not the other legacy cable feeds) to your Sony TV and it worked then that would rule out that specific cable and F connector.

Have you tried Unicable cable from LNB directly to Gigablue box (without splitter) into Tuner A without setting up additional tuners and does this work, albeit limited on tuners that can be used? Also have you tried the same thing directly into Tuner B and not A and is that same?

Yes I have tried everything and the LNB is at fault it seems i need to get an engineer out to take a look

thank you to everyone for the help in trouble shooting :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
05-01-21, 06:10
Before you spend money on a call out charge...
Which dish is the LNB installed on?
Who installed the LNB?
Are you testing the same services to hit the error?

I presume you have the legacy ports still connected. Perform a manual scan, single satellite, (do not enable network scan). How many services do you find? Do not use plugins like ABM for this test.

thedoc11
06-01-21, 17:32
Before you spend money on a call out charge...
Which dish is the LNB installed on?
Who installed the LNB?
Are you testing the same services to hit the error?

I presume you have the legacy ports still connected. Perform a manual scan, single satellite, (do not enable network scan). How many services do you find? Do not use plugins like ABM for this test.
Legacy is still connected
manual scan I get 0 channels downloaded
ABM was not used
Am using a zone 2 60cm mesh dish
Installed by an approved installer

I took your advise not to get anyone out just yet,
1. i got on a ladder and clipped off the old connector, and put on a brand new compression fitting on.
2. Tested the system and i got exactly the same issue.
3. Clipped off the other end off the cable attached to the unicable and fitted a new compression fitting and attached this to the input of the power splitter
4. got some new shotgun cable and made a brand new cable up from the power pass splitter to the tuner
5. Connected one to the TUNER A and One to TUNER B
6. powered up the STB and the channels came on immediately.
7. placed the STB into standby for 5 mins and the Channels appeared immediately
8. Left the STB powered down for 15mins Approx and then powered up the Channels came on Immediately

Just tried to change the channels and am back at square one no channels not displaying again

Since writing the above all my channels are back again

abu baniaz
06-01-21, 18:31
Checking/re-terminating the cables is a good start. Fault finding needs to be methodical and systematic and limit the variables. Can we leave out the unicable for time being and just use the legacy connections?

A screenshot of Menu > Information > Devices is still pending to remove the query about which tuner modules you have.

The services/channels being tested need to remain constant as far as possible.
Once you have the the legacy connections set hooked up and tuners configured correctly, can you please conduct the following two tests.
A manual scan, Tuner A, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.
A manual scan, Tuner B, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.

thedoc11
06-01-21, 19:01
Legacy is still connected
manual scan I get 0 channels downloaded
ABM was not used
Am using a zone 2 60cm mesh dish
Installed by an approved installer

I took your advise not to get anyone out just yet,
1. i got on a ladder and clipped off the old connector, and put on a brand new compression fitting on.
2. Tested the system and i got exactly the same issue.
3. Clipped off the other end off the cable attached to the unicable and fitted a new compression fitting and attached this to the input of the power splitter
4. got some new shotgun cable and made a brand new cable up from the power pass splitter to the tuner
5. Connected one to the TUNER A and One to TUNER B
6. powered up the STB and the channels came on immediately.
7. placed the STB into standby for 5 mins and the Channels appeared immediately
8. Left the STB powered down for 15mins Approx and then powered up the Channels came on Immediately

Just tried to change the channels and am back at square one no channels not displaying again

Since writing the above all my channels are back again
Completed a full automatic scan and got 893 channels scanned

What I have noticed if I do a cold boot after a long period then boot I seems to have to wait for it to come back about 10mins or so not sure if this is normal I get a tune fail error will keep and Eye on this and report back team.

thedoc11
06-01-21, 19:04
Checking/re-terminating the cables is a good start. Fault finding needs to be methodical and systematic and limit the variables. Can we leave out the unicable for time being and just use the legacy connections?

A screenshot of Menu > Information > Devices is still pending to remove the query about which tuner modules you have.

Once you have the the legacy connections set hooked up and tuners configured correctly, can you please conduct the following two tests.
A manual scan, Tuner A, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.

yes will get this doe asap wife's watching tv now but yes for sure

abu baniaz
06-01-21, 19:25
Thanks for the screenshot. Whichever tuner was used in last scan is OK. Automatic scan has very little control. Please try manual scan. That way you can select tuner to use as well as type of scan.

As we are solely using Legacy connections now, the unicable tune failed/power issue is not part of the equation. On occasion, I find that a tune failed message that is latched is eradicated by selecting a service on Terrestrial then back to satellite. I haven't found a recipe/method to trigger it all the time, but there is a bug thread a a few years old with it.

abu baniaz
06-01-21, 19:26
Just out of curiosity, do you still have the solo 2 available? No need to do anything with it just yet.

thedoc11
06-01-21, 22:20
Just out of curiosity, do you still have the solo 2 available? No need to do anything with it just yet.

No sorry sold it on and upgraded to the Gigga

goRt
08-01-21, 06:41
I'd connect both. In some situations this is an advantage. E.g. you can run ABM without a blackout.That black screen can be avoided by setting the priority of tuner A to "1 (less than auto)" - it won't then be used for viewing/recording

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Huevos
08-01-21, 09:27
That black screen can be avoided by setting the priority of tuner A to "1 (less than auto)" - it won't then be used for viewing/recordingThat is a workaround to leave the sole available root tuner vacant. What I suggested means there are two root tuners available.

thedoc11
08-01-21, 12:16
Soory team i was off the radar yesterday my Sony Tv has developed a screen fault that requires a new screen and out of warranty :rolleyes:

So did the manual scan as requested
Tuner A resulted from a manual scan at 890 channels
Tuner B resulted from a manual scan at 890 channels also both with network scan off on both
Legacy connected to the STB

abu baniaz
08-01-21, 19:53
Glad you saw the typo and scanned using both tuners.

So we know that both tuners are fine.
We know those two cables are fine.
We know dish and LNB is aligned properly.
We know that the legacy ports of LNB are fine.
Twol says he uses the same LNB with the same receiver, so assuming your tests are equal, that eliminates the drivers/software.

The final test would have been to use another receiver with the Unicable part of LNB. If it had exhibited same fault, then that would have been conclusive. I am confident we can conclude the Unicable aspect of LNB is faulty.

One last check you could do (If you have started from scratch already, please ignore):
Flash an image into a different slot. Do not restore anything. Hook up the Unicable LNB as per your diagram. Configure tuners to match and then run your tests.

You then have to decide whether to pay an engineer to confirm your findings and then also pay for a new LNB. Or just replace the LNB and save on the "professional" costs. That being said, you have two terrestrial tuners, surely with 4 tuners you don't need a unicable LNB?

bbbuk
08-01-21, 22:33
I agree with @Abu, it maybe easier to buy another LNB (unless supply and fitting of current LNB is under warranty) and fit this yourself or pay someone to fit if not possible to fit yourself.

This would mean that should this issue continue with new LNB you can then go to supplier of your box and say you have tested cable and replaced LNB with a new one so only thing left is box/tuner.

thedoc11
09-01-21, 21:35
Box was purchased from The sponsor here
the LNB was purchased on Amazon can't return to them I defo think its the LNB and not the STB as the STB is functioning fine.

bbbuk
10-01-21, 13:50
Box was purchased from The sponsor here
the LNB was purchased on Amazon can't return to them I defo think its the LNB and not the STB as the STB is functioning fine.I agree it definitely does point towards LNB.

If you were to buy another LNB (ie one from sponsor), would you be able to replace this yourself as that would save you a fortune as @Abu mentioned?

thedoc11
11-01-21, 18:36
Yes I think I could do it myself I have a basic meter to check signal strength just need to get a hold of a ladder and away we go lol.:thumbsup:

BTW got in touch with amazon to request a warranty return just waiting for a answer back.

I did place my meter between the unicable LNB and the STB and the meter jumps in signal all over the place 23% then to 99% then down to 2% etc, If i turn the STB off then I loose all the signal and then after about 10 mins it will show a week signal and then jump about if you change channel again

The Legacy outputs just stay at 99% all the time and does not move, even if I turn on and off or change channel.

bbbuk
11-01-21, 18:41
Yes I think I could do it myself I have a basic meter to check signal strength just need to get a hold of a ladder and away we go lol.:thumbsup:If your careful (and lucky) enough, you maybe able to replace LNB without having to move dish at all.

thedoc11
11-01-21, 23:58
The LNB is a bit far out so I may have to pull it close to the wall, swap it over then find the signal and tweak I changed the fittings on the LNB last week and I could only just reach the lNB but its a bit far out to swap

thedoc11
29-01-21, 17:11
Ok so today I replaced the LNB with a GIGABLUE scr 24 Unicable one and low and behold as soon as i added the advanced settings as unicable to the tuner settings everything came on first time every time no tune fails or loss of channels after reboots etc.

I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the team for the support, knowledge and expertise in fault finding and isolating it to the LNB. I shipped the Opticum back to german today to have it tested will update what is reported back.

twol
29-01-21, 18:32
Great to know - hopefully you can now enjoy a continued & excellent reception on your Giga LNB

JonMMM
29-01-21, 22:52
so I have a Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K

Just connected to what I think is a standard lnb only tuners A and B are enabled but I can watch at the same time BBC1 HD, Channel 4 HD, ITV2, POP, and Dave. Why is this possible?

abu baniaz
30-01-21, 00:56
That is because the other tuners will work in loop through mode.