PDA

View Full Version : On screen info display too short

Maherfp
22-12-20, 21:41
Is it possible to extend the length of time the on-screen information is displayed. Ideally I would like it displayed until I press the OK button again.

Thanks.
Frank.

ccs
22-12-20, 22:06
Menu/Setup/User interface/Settings - Change the 1st 2 entries.

Maherfp
26-12-20, 01:59
Sorry, I meant the detailed info displayed on the second press of the OK button. This dispayss for about 5 seconds, far too short to read it. Can the timing of this aspect be extended.

Thanks
Frank.

BrokenUnusableAccount
26-12-20, 02:04
Sorry, I meant the detailed info displayed on the second press of the OK button. This dispayss for about 5 seconds, far too short to read it. Can the timing of this aspect be extended.

Thanks
Frank.
ccs did understand.
First item controls when you see when you press OK once, second item controls what you see when you press OK twice.
You might want to set the second one to "no timeout".

abu baniaz
26-12-20, 03:22
Pressing OK twice invokes the "Second InfoBar" by default. Change the timing to what suits you. Pressing left/right changes the values. Green to save once done.

Menu > Setup > User Interface > Show second infobar

ccs
26-12-20, 12:10
.... you can also press ok (rather than left/right), you then see all the available setting values.

(This happens in other menus, but maybe only a selection.)

Maherfp
05-01-21, 21:06
I don't appear to have a second infobar option. These are my options:

This is the version of OpenViX I am running:

Thanks
Frank.

abu baniaz
05-01-21, 21:14
Somehow, the default setup mode has changed. Change it from back to Expert and you will see the option.

Menu > Setup > System > Customise > Setup Mode

P.S
If you want to take screenshots properly, see here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

Maherfp
06-01-21, 23:26
Thank you, that worked. Thanks also for the screenshots advice, that's really good. Really appreciate your help.