PDA

View Full Version : Network connection failed - BACKUP EDITING

Asrampd
18-12-20, 15:29
Hello,

My Viper Combo has a failed Network.

I can get a backup off of the box on a USB Stick - I can then edit it (lamedb) in echannelizer.

But if I use winrar to create a correctly named backup with my edited file in it. The box will not restore - It sees it as alien.

Any solution ?

ccs
18-12-20, 15:32
Maybe worth thinking about a wifi dongle?

Asrampd
18-12-20, 16:04
I could, but I'd prefer to be able to edit the backup - If I got a wifi dongle is there a giude to setting it up ?

ccs
18-12-20, 16:22
Can't you just edit the current lamedb file offline, and then copy it back onto the amiko, or do you need to work with the backup?

Asrampd
18-12-20, 16:47
Getting the file out & editing it is no problem - the problem is getting it back into the box with no networ.

ccs
18-12-20, 16:50
It can be done using the usb stick, you can navigate round the filesystems using movielist/location, but there might be an easier way.

edit: ... can't see the filenames that way, unfortunately.:confused:

Asrampd
18-12-20, 17:17
Wifi dongle it is then. Thanks

ccs
18-12-20, 17:22
Creating a settings backup onto usb, unzipping it and editing the file you need to change (notepad++, or whatever) and zipping it back onto usb should allow you to use backup manager to restore the settings.

BrokenUnusableAccount
18-12-20, 17:49
I believe the free program "7-zip" ( www.7-zip.org ) can correctly create .tar.gz files but you have to do it in two stages, first create a .tar file then compress the single .tar file with gzip compression to get a .tar.gz.

adm
18-12-20, 18:51
Hello,

My Viper Combo has a failed Network.

I can get a backup off of the box on a USB Stick - I can then edit it (lamedb) in echannelizer.

But if I use winrar to create a correctly named backup with my edited file in it. The box will not restore - It sees it as alien.

Any solution ?

Which text ditor are you using? Something like Microsoft Notepad could add Microsoft specific control characters for line endings when saving an edited file which Linux may see as an alien line ending.
Windows uses CRLF (carriage return followed by line feed) whereas linux just uses LF (line feed).

Use something like Notepad++

http://sql313.com/index.php/blog/62-using-notepad-to-change-end-of-line-characters