PDA

View Full Version : [SF8008] User Defined LNB Config In Octagon SF8008 ?

DixieRay
18-12-20, 12:42
Hi,

Would anyone please be able to help with the "User Defined" LNB config for an Octagon SF8008 running OpenViX v5.4.003?

I am having issues getting it to work with a pair of single probe WR75 Norsat LNB's.
The LNB's are on an orthomode and have LO of 11.3 GHz.

If I use the settings listed below I get no frequncies scanned in
LO low 113000
LO high 113000
Threshhold 11300
I have tried Tone = off, band, on.

If I use the "Circular LNB" option instead of the "User Defined" LNB option I get frequencies scanned in but at 550MHz lower that the correct value.
The 550MHz value is to be expected as the "Circular LNB) setting defines the LO at 10750, a difference of 550MHz from the LO 0f 11300 for the Norsat's.

If I use the "Universal" LNB option I get channels scanned in but at incorrect frequencies again.

The only LNB setting where I get no frequencies scanned is "User Defined" and this is the one I need to use to get correct frequencies and LO.

Any help most appreciated.

Thx

BrokenUnusableAccount
18-12-20, 14:04
Perhaps try setting voltage to 18V?
Or setting a threshold above the highest received frequency (say 12800).

DixieRay
18-12-20, 14:33
Perhaps try setting voltage to 18V?
Or setting a threshold above the highest received frequency (say 12800).

Thx for your reply.

I will try the threshold higher than the highest frequency.

The voltage is being used to switch between the LNB's, they are sigle probe, one LNB for V, one LNB for H
If I boost the voltage to 18v I am not sure if the voltage switching will activate the V polarity LNB?

DixieRay
18-12-20, 15:15
Update:

I tried the threshold higher than the highest frequency and still nothing scanned in.
I switched it back to the "Circular LNB" config and all the channels scanned in OK but with incorrect frequency values.

It might be that the "User Defined" LNB config code needs to be updated to manage the 11300 L.O. for an LNB?
If one of the developers reads the topic would they please be able confirm if the "User Defined" LNB config can cope with an LNB with L.O. of 11300.

Thx

BrokenUnusableAccount
18-12-20, 17:13
So there's just one cable and some kind of combiner/selector selects which LNB (V or H) feeds down the cable?
And presumably the LNBs only cover 12250 to 12750.

DixieRay
18-12-20, 17:26
So there's just one cable and some kind of combiner/selector selects which LNB (V or H) feeds down the cable?
And presumably the LNBs only cover 12250 to 12750.

Yes, that is exactly it.

Also, DVB PC software such as DVB Dream allows correct selection of the LNB LO and scan channels correctly.
This seems to indicate the issue is with the receiver firmware and the "User Defined" LNB config in the image or the settings I am using for it.