PDA

View Full Version : PLEX for VU+ Duo 4K SE

TuftyTrue
17-12-20, 14:06
Hi,

I notice that Plex have an " Ubuntu (16.04+) / Debian (8+) - ARMv7" distribution. I have a VU+ Duo 4K SE, which uses that chipset (I believe). I also have google found a website (one of many) that claims to convert .deb to .ipk.... (Deleted live link).

Will this work? Please be gentle with any reply's as I am NOT a programmer :)

Ta

TuftyTrue

elwishten
10-01-21, 10:21
With HRTunerProxy Plex on VU+ STB, server can use VU+ as TV tuners. At this days the HW get more and more powerful so it would be nice if you could make versions that can be installed on VU+ Uno 4K SE and VU+ Duo 4K. I know that it is isn’t enough memory in those STB’s but with HDD/SSD installed and make install scripts that check for HDD and install it on the HDD it will be possible **LINK REMOVED**.

soakvid
02-09-22, 13:39
The Vu can play a lot. 4K MKVs for sure. Because of the sound format, you just have to try and see if something comes out. But I think that DTS should work that way.

soakvid
06-09-22, 12:02
So far I have always used the Plex app on the TV to stream films from my notebook (ext.HD), the server was then the notebook.
up to 1080p it also works very well, only 4k does not work because the notebook only has 100mbit Lan and the cpu is also quite lame.
Not all 4k films work directly with the HD on the TV because my Samsung does not support DTS. Live links deleted - you have been warned

Huevos
06-09-22, 13:26
Hi,

I notice that Plex have an " Ubuntu (16.04+) / Debian (8+) - ARMv7" distribution. I have a VU+ Duo 4K SE, which uses that chipset (I believe). I also have google found a website (one of many) that claims to convert .deb to .ipk.... (Deleted live link).

Will this work? Please be gentle with any reply's as I am NOT a programmer :)

Ta

TuftyTrue

Do not post live links, especially ones such as that or you will be banned.

Read the forum rules (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/Forum-rules/) so you know what not to post in future.