PDA

View Full Version : Compatible IR Receiver / Extender / Repeater

sobeitjedi
13-12-20, 15:51
Hi.

Recently bought a new TV unit and now my Vu+ Solo2 is inside the unit and I have to open the unit door so the remote can be used.

Can anyone recommend an IR extender / repeater that's compatible with the Vu+ Solo2 which will enable me to operate with the remote when the door is closed?

twol
13-12-20, 16:10
I bought this recently so that I could shut the unit door and works really well ...... Marmitek Invisible Control 6 XTRA Infrared Extension - Operate Devices in a Closed Cabinet - Compatible with All European TV Decoders - Extra Small Receiver - Blaster LED

Just use normal remote and it works really well - don‘t waste money on a Harmony remote replacement

cactikid
13-12-20, 16:13
How hot will the cabinet get?

sobeitjedi
13-12-20, 16:14
I bought this recently so that I could shut the unit door and works really well ...... Marmitek Invisible Control 6 XTRA Infrared Extension - Operate Devices in a Closed Cabinet - Compatible with All European TV Decoders - Extra Small Receiver - Blaster LED

Thanks for the reply. Does this connect to a port on the Vu, or is it the case that one end is placed near the IR input?

sobeitjedi
13-12-20, 16:15
Normal room temp?

ccs
13-12-20, 16:27
Normal room temp?

Not if the cabinet isn't well ventilated, overheating could be a real problem.

cactikid
13-12-20, 16:28
And if unit has a hdd hotter again

adm
14-12-20, 00:36
Normal room temp?

You may get some box internal temperatures reported
menu -> information -> about -> system temp/processor temp