PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] Radio EPG

db49er
13-12-20, 10:56
I am using EPG importer which shows all of my tv bouquet details but no radio details. How do I populate radio epg ?

v8rick
13-12-20, 11:24
Just looked EPG fully loaded on Ultimo 4K I only use importer on TV so I take it ,it loads from that

db49er
19-12-20, 09:43
Thank you. Blank on all my boxes.

ronand
19-12-20, 10:08
You are using epgimporter on 28e? Why not use epgrefresh? It basically gets your receiver to switch to a dedicated channel and downloads the latest sky epg which includes radio channels.

BrokenUnusableAccount
20-12-20, 04:26
You are using epgimporter on 28e? Why not use epgrefresh? It basically gets your receiver to switch to a dedicated channel and downloads the latest sky epg which includes radio channels.
Are you sure about that?
I have never got any EPG for Radio channels from IEPG Data 1.
Though I guess it is possible that I'm doing something wrong.

ronand
20-12-20, 11:08
You are correct Brian. Never assume. I always have full listings for radio and use the IEPG1 as the source for epg data and assumed that is where it was coming from. I've just run a test and it only populates the TV channels. I then thought it might be getting the data from the Freesat EPG (by tuning to a bbc channel etc) but that didn't work. I then switched to Sky News and the listings started to populate (slowly). In EPG settings I have the EIT, Freesat & OpenTV epg's enabled. Have a go and see if that works for you.

Joe_90
20-12-20, 14:05
@ronand - I believe that it's the Freesat EPG reader that will populate the (Freesat only) radio channels if you are tuned to BBC etc. If you turn off the Freesat EPG reader (and just use EPG Refresh on the IEPG channel or use CrossEPG), you get no radio channel EPG. I reported this as an issue months ago but I can't seem to get radio EPG over-the-air other than from Freesat. There may be a download source but I don't use one.

ronand
20-12-20, 15:21
I couldn't get anything on a bbc channel. It was only when I switched over to sky news that the data started coming in (for almost all radio channels not just the bbc). The epg is usually full because thats one of the channels watched fairly regularly so I never had an issue with the radio epg. I did delete the epg before I started my test. I just tested again - I left the receiver on sky news and deleted the epg from the menu. After a minute the radio epg started filling (slowly) so I'm pretty positive thats where the data is coming from OTA.

edit: @fat-tony - sorry you are right - it must be the freesat epg data I am getting. In any case its hardly that much of a problem to enable it if radio epg is needed? I might actually turn it off as I don't listen to the radio on it anyway. Too many senior moments today - I must keep the gob shut till I wake up!

db49er
25-12-20, 10:45
Enabled Freesat, tuned Sky News and does now populate but very slowly. Thank you guys.