PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] OpenVix keeps waking up from deep sleep a few seconds after shutdown

killingtime
11-12-20, 16:05
Hi,

I'm using OpenVix 5.3 (April 2020) on a H7 box.

Box was working fine until about a week ago. Every time I hit the power button on the remote, the box goes into a deep sleep (no lights on the front panel). Wait 10 seconds, and it boots again by itself. Remains in an on state.

So the issue is the box will not remain in a deep sleep state.

Anyone know what could cause this, or where I should start looking?

Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
11-12-20, 17:43
Try 5.4 image and see if same happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrokenUnusableAccount
12-12-20, 00:08
Hi,

I'm using OpenVix 5.3 (April 2020) on a H7 box.

Box was working fine until about a week ago. Every time I hit the power button on the remote, the box goes into a deep sleep (no lights on the front panel). Wait 10 seconds, and it boots again by itself. Remains in an on state.

So the issue is the box will not remain in a deep sleep state.

Anyone know what could cause this, or where I should start looking?

Thanks.

So you had changed the function of the red button to put the box in deep standby rather than just normal standby?

ccs
12-12-20, 11:14
By default, short press of the power button puts the box in standby, long press gives you the standby/restart options menu.

If you've reassigned the power button to do something different (button setup), maybe it's been set to reboot?

killingtime
14-12-20, 18:40
Hi,

Yes I have re-assigned the red button to put the box into a deep standby on a short press. This was working for months until a few weeks ago.

I created a backup of the current system (with sleep fault), and then restored a backup from months ago when the box was working without issue.

This solved the problem. Putting the box into a deep sleep keeps it that way.

I then restored the backup with the sleep fault a) just to see if I could re-create the problem again and b) to restore my favourites service selection, and the issue has not re-appeared.

The act of applying a restore of the problem system config seems to have solved it.

Regards.

BrokenUnusableAccount
18-12-20, 20:10
Suggestion: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63047-Setting-up-Power-button&p=499686&viewfull=1#post499686