PDA

View Full Version : Watch and Record Programs at once?

Togora
05-12-20, 14:12
Hi all,

I received my ZGemma H7S yesterday and have managed to get most things working reasonably well within the OpenVix UI. I set things up to record a program which it is currently doing but I am unable to watch another program. I was under the impression that I would be able to watch and record at the same time. Was I wrong? If not what am I doing wrong? I did do a search of the forum but didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance.

ccs
05-12-20, 14:15
It'll depend on what tuners you've got and how you've connected and configured them, more details needed.

twol
05-12-20, 14:16
What is your tuner configuration??

cactikid
05-12-20, 14:50
Have you got both tuners wired up with a sat cables.

Togora
05-12-20, 15:06
Hi All,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

My box states that there are three tuners A and B -Si2169D DVB-S2X and C - Si2168 Combined DVB-C/I2

And yes I have both connected to sats

I'm not sure what else you need to know so sorry if what you want or need is not here.

Thanks in advance.

abu baniaz
05-12-20, 15:18
Welcome to the forum.

You say that the box has three tuners, but you also say that both are connected to sats. Let's ask specific questions:

What reception equipment is hooked up to tuner A?
What is tuner A configured as?

What reception equipment is hooked up to tuner B?
What is tuner B configured as?

What reception equipment is hooked up to tuner C?
What is tuner C configured as?

Also, what services/channels were you viewing and wanting to record? Please specify whether it is on satellite or terrestrial. Are you getting any errors or just a blank screen?

Togora
05-12-20, 16:05
Hi Abu,

At the rear of my receiver I have two LNB connectors and both have cables entering them.

According to the Tuner Setup page:

Tuner A is set to 19.2E Ku-band Astra 1KR.1L/1M/1N
Tuner B is "Not Configured" - This looks like it is incorrect and perhaps a rescan with sort it out.
Tuner C is "Disabled" - terrestrial TV I'm assuming and if so I have not plugged it in here.

If I rescan tuner B will that rectify my issue?

Also, the page on the screen exceeds the size of the screen so there could be more information on the page which I can't see. This only seems to happen in the various settings pages and is perhaps a UI issue.

Thanks again.

ccs
05-12-20, 16:10
Also, the page on the screen exceeds the size of the screen so there could be more information on the page which I can't see. This only seems to happen in the various settings pages and is perhaps a UI issue.

Switch off overscan on your tv (may be called just scan or something similar).

If your tv doesn't support this feature, you can resize the OSD from the menu.

ronand
05-12-20, 16:16
Hi Abu,

At the rear of my receiver I have two LNB connectors and both have cables entering them.

According to the Tuner Setup page:

Tuner A is set to 19.2E Ku-band Astra 1KR.1L/1M/1N
Tuner B is "Not Configured" - This looks like it is incorrect and perhaps a rescan with sort it out.
Tuner C is "Disabled" - terrestrial TV I'm assuming and if so I have not plugged it in here.

If I rescan tuner B will that rectify my issue?

Thanks again.

Just configure tuner B with what is actually connected to it. It it is 19e then there is no need to scan again

Togora
05-12-20, 16:28
Hi ronand,

Tuner B is set to Astra 2A-2B (28.2E). So the answer to my own question is no, it won't fix this issue.

Thanks

Togora
05-12-20, 16:33
Hi ccs,

I don't have an overscan or scan feature on my TV and as regards OSD I've gone through every screen but can't find any ting like it within OpenVix.

ccs
05-12-20, 16:41
Menu/Setup/User Interface/Skin Setup/OSD Position

Togora
05-12-20, 17:04
I found it, thanks.... now all I have are a lot of unfamiliar markings on the screen and nothing else prompting the user what to do. How the hell do you get out of it. I've tried Exit and a few other buttons on my controller but nothing gets me out of this and Google is currently not my friend.

Thanks and sorry for being a pain.

Togora
05-12-20, 17:19
I found it, thanks.... now all I have are a lot of unfamiliar markings on the screen and nothing else prompting the user what to do. How the hell do you get out of it. I've tried Exit and a few other buttons on my controller but nothing gets me out of this and Google is currently not my friend.

ronand
05-12-20, 17:41
Hi ronand,

Tuner B is set to Astra 2A-2B (28.2E). So the answer to my own question is no, it won't fix this issue.

Thanks

Then you will need to scan on tuner B as well. If you want to watch & record different channels at the same time then they must be channels on different satellites unless both channels are on the same transponder. That's because you have only 1 feed from each dish.

abu baniaz
05-12-20, 17:41
Regarding receiving satellite, you are mentioning what the tuner is set as. You have not mentioned what the actual hardware is. If for argument's sake, you had two diseqc switches which were connected to 19.2 and 28.2 but you set the tuners as if you did not have them, then you are losing out. The golden rule of tuner configuration is that what you set for each and every tuner must match/tally/reflect what is hooked up to it.

Regarding post 14: post a picture of what you see.

Togora
05-12-20, 17:42
Hi All

If someone, anyone could tell me how to get out of the OSD position screen it would be great because nothing appears to work. The only thing I haven't done is press the nuclear button at the back but that will come soon if I really have to do it.

Thanks in advance.

ronand
05-12-20, 17:42

Green button

Togora
05-12-20, 17:53
Hi ronand,

Thanks for that but at the moment my biggest issue is getting out of the OSD position screen. There is nothing apart from lines, numbers and letters and nothing else to indicate what I should do nor exiting this screen. If you can help with that then I can get on and do the rest.

Thanks in advance.

Togora
05-12-20, 17:55
Nope! Tried that many times and some others and nothing. So it seems like the nuclear option is the only option unless you say otherwise.

Thanks

Togora
05-12-20, 18:00
If you are after the physical hardware then sorry but for this topic I understand box under the TV and cables going into it. What's in the walls, in the attic or on the roof I have honestly no idea as it was set up YEARS ago. All I do know is there is one dish and two LMBs. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks in advance.

ronand
05-12-20, 18:00
Don't hit the power switch - that will cause damage.

The green button should work unless you are using some different skin. Anyway you should fix the display by setting the TV correctly - thats where the problem is. Almost all modern HD sets have a way to disable overscan - its is just called different things on different sets.

Access the openwebif from your PC - In a web browser type the ip address of the box. If you don't know it then you can find it in your router dhcp settings. You can safely reboot the receiver from it.

Togora
05-12-20, 18:38
Too late, done!

The TV is set at 16:9, it was on auto before.

If I can find a tutorial for setting up OSD then I will try again but thus far I haven't manages to find one.

Thanks again.

ronand
05-12-20, 18:50
What TV set are you using?

Togora
05-12-20, 18:53
It's a Hitachi but my picture is correct both on the TV and when using the ZGemma H7S. It is only oversized within the settings UI.

ronand
05-12-20, 19:00
You dont seem to understand overscan. Download the manual for your tv and read how to disable it. About 10% of your picture is hidden - if you disable overscan you will be able to see all of it. If it is one of those "HD ready" tvs then you need to adjust the osd. When asked for info please be accurate - hitachi is too general - a model number is what is needed. Anyway I will leave you to it - I have an important match to watch on TV and have some beer.