PDA

View Full Version : Remote not working after USB flash

Tump
03-12-20, 16:49
Hi, I'm trying to update me Duo 4k to 5.3 using USB. It seems to update fine, then gives me the 'Restore backup' screen, but the remote is unresponsive, so I can't press OK, or move down to 'Exit restore wizard'.

I've tried reflashing 5.2, but it's the same. Any thoughts?

Willo3092
03-12-20, 17:02
Batteries in the remote?
See if there is any output from the remote sender by viewing through a phone camera.

BrokenUnusableAccount
03-12-20, 17:10
If Willo3092's suggestion is no good you could try accessing the box via its OpenWebif from a computer on the same network and using the remote in OpenWebif to restore your backed up settings.
That might conceivably get you going if the default remote control type has somehow managed to not be equal to the correct type.

Tump
03-12-20, 17:28
Yes, I came up with the same thought and managed to log on and control the curser and 'OK'with OpenWebif. Once the backup was restored, it now works fine on the remote.
Strange, but anyway, we have TV tonight so I've escaped the wife's wrath!

BrokenUnusableAccount
03-12-20, 18:24
Unless you know of something odd about your remote control that might explain this, it would seem it's a bug in the latest OpenViX images so maybe you should go here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63496
and let them know the correct type of remote for your Duo 4K and the problem you had.

ronand
03-12-20, 18:36
I doubt its a bug. Most vu remotes have 3 user selectable codes which to avoid conflicts when using multiple receivers. If the code was changed from default the receiver/image has no way of knowing. Its up to the user to put their remote back to default or else use the webif. When the settings were restored the remote code was also restored hence the reason it started working again. Another reason the RTFM fully and memorize it!

Tump
03-12-20, 19:38
To the best of my knowledge, I've never changed the code.
Looks like I'm the only one with the issue, so I can't think it's a bug.

ccs
03-12-20, 19:45
To the best of my knowledge, I've never changed the code.
Looks like I'm the only one with the issue, so I can't think it's a bug.
What's your remote set to ?

Mine (Ultimo4k) defaults to this... not quite what I expected.

Still worked ok, before and after restoring settings.

Tump
04-12-20, 08:44

Not sure if this is default?

ronand
04-12-20, 09:21
Its worth a look in manual to see what the default code is. I think 2 is the default on older units (but its a few years since I have had any vu boxes).

ccs
04-12-20, 11:51
The current manual on vuplus.com says it's code 2, which would explain the OP's original restore problem.

Tump
04-12-20, 14:55
Many thanks, I'll change it backto 2 ready for the next update.

ronand
04-12-20, 15:15
You need to change it on the remote and in the menu (just in case you weren't aware). There is usually no need to ever change it unless you have 2 or more boxes using the same code.

abu baniaz
04-12-20, 15:32
Many thanks, I'll change it backto 2 ready for the next update.
If you update, your settings will remain. If you flash, the box will be in default mode.

Why not just leave the remote in the mode that works after you flash an image?