PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Formuler advise needed , Z8 Pro or GTV , which ?

specialized
03-12-20, 06:40
I'm looking at buying a Formuler box today from World Of Satellite mainly to be used for IPTV and Youtube. Which of the 2 in my best option?, the Z8 Pro or the GTV?, I am ready to buy today

world-of-satellite.co.uk
03-12-20, 08:06
You won't really go far wrong with either.

The bonus with the GTV is that it comes with Google Certified Android TV 9.0, bluetooth voice remote. You'll be able to use many TV version apps (not Netflix due to licencing). Received a sample last couple of days, so far tested MYTVOnline2, Youtube, Disney+, Plex, Kodi. ITV Hub does not work due to licencing. Great fast device. Supports many Digital audio formats, see attached screenshot. We found the audio outputs where auto detected to the soundbar its connected too. Great device as usual from Formuler.

Formuler Z8 Pro is also an excellent device, our best selling product ever! It will cover your requirements for sure, comes down to the extra budget for the features the GTV offers.

v8rick
03-12-20, 08:35
I have first Z8 and its a great box. The Bluetooth remote is great(voice searches YouTube work) works with both Z8 and Gtv has to be purchased separate with Z8 Pro which makes it a bit more expensive,
GTV is the latest brand new box so could have some teething probs. Formuler have support Forum have a read

CRUMBLIN
03-12-20, 11:34
Have one of the original Z8's and very happy with it, vast improvement when watching IPTV compared to a Sat STB. Brilliant picture on my elderly Panasonic TV with the advantage of turning the Tv into a Smart TV, plenty of free TV content that can be loaded as Apps etc. fast boot time with the picture appearing immediately when brought out of stand by and during channel change, real snappy.

specialized
03-12-20, 15:28
Will the Formuler GTV be in stock for before Christmas ?. I'm in no great rush like just wondered

world-of-satellite.co.uk
03-12-20, 20:03
Will the Formuler GTV be in stock for before Christmas ?. I'm in no great rush like just wondered

Yes stock due during next week.

specialized
03-12-20, 21:17
Thanks for that

gsingh
09-12-20, 02:06
Yes stock due during next week.

Any update on when the preorders will be shipping? Been waiting so long now :(

world-of-satellite.co.uk
09-12-20, 06:49
Any update on when the preorders will be shipping? Been waiting so long now :(

Our shipment is en-route to us, left Formuler end of last week. We've been tracking it on a daily basis. Providing it does not get delayed at Calais we should receive it by end of this week, fingers crossed it does not get held up, we've already had one shipment due today, delayed by 1-2 days. Due to Covid-19 and Christmas demand there have been some port delays. At normal times going by the current tracking it would be delivered tomorrow.

gadjit
08-02-21, 20:08
HI, Sorry if posted in wrong chat but cant find an answer . The new Formuler CC has a choice of tuners UK and USA , Will the USA one work for picking up satellite channels ?..Thanks

gadjit
08-02-21, 20:08
also have they arrived to be shipped ?

v8rick
09-02-21, 13:28
Says Pre order in shop. Think you will only get UK one here USA is the there version of OTA digital TV not sat

world-of-satellite.co.uk
11-02-21, 07:21
Formuler CC have finally arrived in the UK and are with out freight forwarder. So stock will be with us very soon.

Brexit is causing huge issues getting stock into the UK.

So all depends if our freight forwarder charges the VAT prior to delivery of our shipment or defers the VAT. Who knows..... Brexit....... in either case will be with us either in next few days or possibly today, tomorrow. Brexit.......

world-of-satellite.co.uk
11-02-21, 18:19
Formuler CC now in stock.

daz450
12-02-21, 17:19
Does this work with Freesat ? is ATSC Satellite feed ?

Sicilian
13-02-21, 07:37
Does this work with Freesat ? is ATSC Satellite feed ?

No, these have a Terrestrial DVB-T2 tuner.

v8rick
13-02-21, 12:18
Aerial on roof Terrestrial Freeview

sorry didn't see above