PDA

View Full Version : recording

Anthonyk2020
28-11-20, 16:57
Hi Have a zgemma h7 with pure 2. I record alot and notices i have two options when recording. one add timer and add auto timer. When i click add auto timer i am told there is not auto timer plugin installed.

What is auto timer, is there any point of adding plugin?

Cheers

cactikid
28-11-20, 17:26
On my box i just use my epg data via red button on that channel to set my recordings on.

adm
28-11-20, 19:06
Hi Have a zgemma h7 with pure 2. I record alot and notices i have two options when recording. one add timer and add auto timer. When i click add auto timer i am told there is not auto timer plugin installed.

What is auto timer, is there any point of adding plugin?

Cheers

An autotimer is a mechanism for setting repeat timers based on searching the EPG for the name of the program. For instance I have a autotimer set to record formula 1 motor racing. As any program named F1 in the title/description is found in the EPG a timer will be automatically set for it. I don’t need to know when it will be broadcast in the future nor the duration of the program. The autotimer has a set of filters that can be configured to limit the search to certain TV channels, days of the week, etc.

As far as I’m aware autotimers is part of the OpenVix image download and shouldn’t need a separate plugin download.

ccs
28-11-20, 19:38
As far as I’m aware autotimers is part of the OpenVix image download and shouldn’t need a separate plugin download.
The OP is using a different image (PureE2), so maybe he needs to download the autotimer plugin, although you'd expect it to be there by default.
Having said that, some images appear keen to provide you with next to nothing in case you don't need it. :p

Anthonyk2020
28-11-20, 20:19
Thanks for reply guys. I'll have a look later and try and download a plugin. As ye said you imagine one would be already there.

Any recommendations which auto timer to download?

👍

ccs
28-11-20, 20:54
The one in ViX is enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer (5.4+git6857+a2c5a09-r0)

No real idea what it's likely to be called in PureE2, but I'd be surprised if the name was much different.

Anthonyk2020
29-11-20, 00:11
Thanks for reply. I figure it out and post for future references here. Cheers guys