PDA

View Full Version : Duo 2 Tuner not working Is it the Tuner ?

eeza
27-11-20, 19:26
Ok, So are these a common failure point, right now I have installed a single tuner (C) and a dual tuner (A+B)

This may all be related so stay with me on this, Some time ago for whatever reason the positioner started to wander to the west for no reason. I could be watching TV and the signal would fade, look out the window n I can see the Dish moving west.

It would do this daily to the point where I would set the east and west limits to make sure if I was recording a program it wouldn't drift. Far from Ideal so after a few weeks, I thought I would replace the coax between the dish/motor and the receiver.

Unfortunately, that didn't fix it so I finally bit the bullet so to speak and got another motor.

Fast forward a few weeks and the dish no longer moves at all and there are no lights on the motor to indicate it has power (It was fine for a few days)

I am guessing the tuner should push a strong 15-18 volts for the LNB when active?

I've flashed a new image and setup from scratch so it's not that, has anyone seen this on this device? I know the earlier receivers had power issues.

It's 4 years old so should be still fit for purpose I guess.

Does anyone have any ideas... ?

Cheers Eeza

abu baniaz
28-11-20, 01:19
Might be the PSU needs the capacitors changed.

bellejt
28-11-20, 10:05
what is the configuration of your tuners ? Usals ?

eeza
28-11-20, 11:01
what is the configuration of your tuners? Usals ?

Not sure how that could be related but I use DiSEqC and have for many years.... (I don't need full HH as I only watch a cluster between 13 and 28 degrees east)

As I said in my OP the dish worked fine for years but has seen some odd behaviour in the last 6 months...... like powering all the way to the west limit (at full normal speed)

Its really odd, as an aside new tuners are way more expensive than i thought they would be :confused:

So the PSU board has some known faults ?...

Any assistance much-aprreciated guys...

eeza
28-11-20, 11:07
I have two separate tuners a dual and a single Sat.... They are displayed as Tuners A, B and C)

Dual-port one (A is set as the second cable of motorised and tuner 3 (C) (separate tuner) is set as advanced with satellites advised. There is nothing attached to the second input (B) of the dual tuner.