PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] LAN and WiFi Network Problems

CRMS
26-11-20, 18:59
GB box LAN connected to BT Home Hub router and can browse OpenWebif page on tablet and PC. But won't connect to network so can't view on PC. I could before.

Also have Octagon WiFi aerial/dongle, which I bought with the receiver, plugged in but no WLAN settings or options in Menu - Setup - Network. I assume that Network settings have been moved from location shown in OV manual 7.12. 1.
Don't recall downloading driver for dongle before, and WoS shop indicates drivers preloaded in OV.
Is there anyway of testing the dongle. I am pretty sure it had a blue flashing indicator before, but nothing now.

It all used to work.

ronand
26-11-20, 19:07
If it is not listed under MENU-SETUP-NETWORK-DEVICE then you have 2 possibilities - its either faulty or no drivers are installed. Plug it into a pc/laptop and see what happens (I presume its a usb wifi dongle).

Also it is possible you have a damaged USB port on the receiver

birdman
26-11-20, 23:51
GB box LAN connected to BT Home Hub router and can browse OpenWebif page on tablet and PC. But won't connect to network so can't view on PC.Note sure what you mean by this.
You say that you can connect to it from a PC, but also that you can't view it.
Do you mean that you can't browse the files on the box?

From the first part of your description the network is connected, so trying to add a USB network isn't going to help.

ronand
27-11-20, 00:00
Also you need to set a password on 5.4 images to connect to the box - that's probably why you can't connect.

CRMS
27-11-20, 00:30
Password - of course!! Thanks.

CRMS
27-11-20, 08:16
Setup password. Will check LAN later.
WiFi dongle appears completely dead. No indication in PC as well. USB ports on GB work with USB HDD.