PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] CRMS's thread about EPG acquisition

CRMS
25-11-20, 16:12
All just gone pear shaped with this OpenVix lark. Was running 5.4.003 well. Yesterday noticed Ch4HD and Free Sport HD had no programmes listed.
So rescanned transponders, ran ABM and thought I'd check the custom mix file. Couldn't see files using the location options.

LAN connected to router, could browse OpenWebIf page. Is there a file manager from that page?? Couldn't find one??
But wouldn't connect to network and no Wifi signal - no blue flashing light on aerial adapter. So couldn't use PC filemanager to check for custom mix file.

Went back to .039. Ran CrossEPG and CH4HD and SHD programmes appeared. But no joy with LAN or WiFi connections - and I have used them in the past.
As you might say - "hell in a hand basket" and wasted a couple of hours achieving zilch.
Hardly encouraging - again - to use these Linux boxes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

abu baniaz
25-11-20, 17:30
Which method of acquiring EPG data do you want to use?

ccs
25-11-20, 18:02
Is this what you tried last time.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63476-Freesat-28-2-Add-Free-Sports-HD&p=504387&viewfull=1#post504387

CRMS
25-11-20, 18:16
Happy to use whatever EPG that comes with 004 and OK.
Added Free Sport HD successfully.
All has been working fine till a couple of days ago.

abu baniaz
25-11-20, 18:24
I am not interested in Channels/Bouquets as that is a different issue, just EPG for now. There are several methods. You pick and we will assist you.

CRMS
25-11-20, 19:31
The box was working perfectly for 2-3 weeks after I installed 003 and just used the native EPG, as the guide indicated, instead of CrossEPG.
The WLAN doesn't work now - nothing in menus and I don't recall downloading drivers for the Octagon aerial that came with the Box, bought from WoS.
And the box won't show in a LAN network, which it did before.
It is just wasting my time!!

abu baniaz
25-11-20, 19:35
Deal with one issue at a time. Otherwise you get multiple posts and questions and never solve the issues fully. I am changing the title to EPG. I will move any responses not related to EPG. Including channels or bouquets.

I presume you are using EPG Refresh.
1. Which service are you using to do the refreshing?
2. Did you select it from the 28.2 list or a bouquet?

abu baniaz
25-11-20, 19:55
3. Please post 2 pictures of the settings you are using in EPG refresh. I post ones I have just set as examples.

Joe_90
26-11-20, 01:13
All just gone pear shaped with this OpenVix lark. Was running 5.4.003 well. Yesterday noticed Ch4HD and Free Sport HD had no programmes listed.
So rescanned transponders, ran ABM and thought I'd check the custom mix file. Couldn't see files using the location options.

Hardly encouraging - again - to use these Linux boxes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I run a mix of Freesat and SKY (CH4 HD etc.) channels in my Freesat bouquet. Occasionally, I lose the CH4 HD entries in the EPG. I certainly don't go rescanning transponders, rerunning ABM or restoring previous images when this happens. The problem is to do with your EPG acquisition. Either CrossEPG or the Sky transponder read using EPGrefresh has failed to pick up the C4 HD data and populate the EPG. So, the solution is to re-run EPGRefresh (if that's your EPG source) or CrossEPG and the C4HD entries will populate. No need to reinstall previous versions of OpenVix .

CRMS
26-11-20, 17:21
Right. Back to the GB.

I presume you are using EPG Refresh? Yes, seemed install with 003, for which I used the image manager to reinstate saved settings during the install. Haven't touched CrossEPG.
1. Which service are you using to do the refreshing? Followed the guide and selected Open TV. Freesat was also selected, so left it.
2. Did you select it from the 28.2 list or a bouquet? From the EPG settings.

Then went to EPG Refresh config version 2.1.4, which didn't look like that at post 8. Edit services, the channels and selected IEPG data 1 following guide. Which only has options for Sky and Virgin. So followed Sky as nearest to Freesat.

ronand
26-11-20, 17:32
You might want to put a longer duration. I use 180 seconds and it works perfectly. And I use "Fake Recording" to refresh instead of "Main Picture" so it doesn't interrupt viewing. There is really no need to have it in the extension menu either - you should never have to run it manually unless your epg.dat becomes corrupted. Other than that it looks fine and should work.

Joe_90
26-11-20, 17:56
Ditto - 180 seconds and "fake Recording". I just allow it to run automatically between 18:15 and 19:00 each day. Usually, I'm watching the news on DVB-T at that time, so there is minimal chance of my DVB-S tuners being occupied. The channel for the fake recording is the IEPG data on the SKY bouquet and the Open TV reader must be enabled (but you have that set).