PDA

View Full Version : Ca slots what is this used for?

chris0147
22-11-20, 16:11
Hi all,

I have got a set top box called octagon sf8008 which has a CA Card reader slot.

I did a little research leads me to believe this is something used in Europe. Is it a subscription type service?

Do I have to pay one time fee or a year?

Anybody have a minute to explain what the card slot is used for as I'm clueless on this.

cactikid
22-11-20, 16:30
Many boxes have card slots and if in an area of reception you can buy authenticated cards from many places to open up the decrypted channels.

Some people might be using more than 1 sat or motorised and could use many cards from official sources.

Some boxes may need to support that card,eg tivusat have their own box and card matched.

Many cards are available and popular are the Adult ones and might only work on that sat only,no i dont use them:D

More to open if using motorised or multi lnbs to view.

Yes 1 year is usual.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Official-Viewing-Cards/Tivusat-Viewing-Cards.

Once upon a time they had many cards for sale

BrokenUnusableAccount
22-11-20, 16:33
It's for pay TV where you have to pay a subscription to watch some of the channels.

chris0147
22-11-20, 16:47
It's for pay TV where you have to pay a subscription to watch some of the channels.

I got it. So if I want to get canalsat France, UK sky, canal digitaal..etc ca cards, will it be expensive to pay a subscription every month or every year?

Are there a way if I could get it cheaper??

abu baniaz
22-11-20, 16:54
CA is for "Conditional Access" module. So you use the CA module and use the official card for providers who allow this.

cactikid
22-11-20, 16:55
That is a question that may fall under c/s which and cant be answered on this forum.
Uk sky can only be used on their box.