PDA

View Full Version : Missing satellite channels on search

chris0147
18-11-20, 14:51
Hi all,

I need your help. I have got a problem with searching for the satellite channels. When I use automatic search to search for the channels on hotbird 7 East, 9 East, 13 East, 16 East, 19 East, 23.5 East, 39 East, alot of sports and other channels did not show up on the search list especially sport klub 1, 2, 3 serbia, play sports 1,2, canal sports 1,2,3,4 poland, sky sports 1 and 2 italy, idman tv, Cosomote sport...etc.

And alot of Netherlands channels did not show up on the search for the hotbird 23.5 East as well. It will only show Czech Republic channels and some Croatia channels.

I am using 80cm dish it have got a very strong signals and I am also using the motor to change the hotbird. I am using openatv 6.4 image.

Do you know why the channels doesn't show up on the automatic search?

Does it got blocked or do I need to update the xml file?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

bellejt
18-11-20, 14:57
probably old xml file .Maybe also setting to scan only FTA channels

chris0147
18-11-20, 15:22
probably old xml file .Maybe also setting to scan only FTA channels

Thanks for the quick reply. How I can update xml and what xml file I need to update?

abu baniaz
18-11-20, 17:08
You will find xmlupdate plugin listed under "system plugins". Install it then run/use it.

FYI, Hotbird is the nickname for 13e.

chris0147
18-11-20, 17:49
You will find xmlupdate plugin listed under "system plugins". Install it then run/use it.

FYI, Hotbird is the knickname for 13e.

Are you saying I need to install xmlplugin on openatv plugin?

chris0147
18-11-20, 17:50
I have downloaded and upload satellite.xml but it make no different. Any idea??

abu baniaz
18-11-20, 19:13
Maybe your motorised satellite setup is not tracking the arc as well as you thought. You will need to make fine adjustments.

chris0147
18-11-20, 20:18
Maybe your motorised satellite setup is not tracking the arc as well as you thought. You will need to make fine adjustments.

Well I have already put my longitude and latitude in the tuned configuration.

When I selected on positioner setup I have put 23.5 East and I pressed on a yellow button it have rotated the dish to 23.5east, but when I used automatic scan I'm getting Skylink / M7 Group - Czechoslovak satellite provider and Telekom Srbija - Serbian satellite provider.

So I don't know how I can make a fine adjustments?

chris0147
18-11-20, 23:40
​I think I have found the issue. When I check for the Netherlands channels like fox sports 1, the frequency​​ is 11739. I have check on 11739 V and there is no signals. Do you know what I need to do?

Do I need to contact satellite company to adjust the dish on the wall?

Andy_Hazza
19-11-20, 09:13
Fox Sports is a paid service, so how are you trying to achieve this? You have a valid subscription card? Using Oscam etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris0147
24-11-20, 01:49
Fox Sports is a paid service, so how are you trying to achieve this? You have a valid subscription card? Using Oscam etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do, as I have received them on my list and now it is working. I have adjusted the motor longitude from 1.388 to 3.488 and I can receive sport klub 1, but I can't receive sport klub 2 and 3. I have checked on dish pointer and it say that my dish elevation should be 30 degree.

I have checked on my dish elevation which is 52 degree. Is that too high?

If so I will contact sat installer to adjust it so hopefully I can receive these channels with no problem :)

BrokenUnusableAccount
24-11-20, 04:21
Yes I do, as I have received them on my list and now it is working. I have adjusted the motor longitude from 1.388 to 3.488 and I can receive sport klub 1, but I can't receive sport klub 2 and 3. I have checked on dish pointer and it say that my dish elevation should be 30 degree.

I have checked on my dish elevation which is 52 degree. Is that too high?

If so I will contact sat installer to adjust it so hopefully I can receive these channels with no problem :)

We don't know your location.

It doesn't sound at all right to me that some satellites would be at 30° elevation and another would be at 52° elevation since they are essentially all in the same orbit about 22,236 miles above the equator.

Joe_90
24-11-20, 12:43
Satellites are at a different elevation in the sky depending on where they are in the geostationary arc relative to your location. In the northern hemisphere, satellites due south of you will be at the top of the arc and thus at the highest elevation. 30 degrees elevation is about right at due south in my location. As you point east or west satellites will appear lower in the sky until they reach the horizon at which point (or earlier depending on local obstructions) you will be unable to receive a signal. If the OP is in the UK a motor latitude of 52 (motor elevation of 38 degrees) would be reasonable depending on how far north/south (s)he is. Ideally, the longitude and latitude in the box settings should correspond to the poster's actual location and the motor and dish adjusted for best reception. Kludging the location latitude in the box settings should only be done as a temporary measure if the dish has moved or if you're tweaking on a particularly difficult satellite and you're aware of the possible effects on reception in another part of the arc.

chris0147
24-11-20, 16:36
We don't know your location.

It doesn't sound at all right to me that some satellites would be at 30° elevation and another would be at 52° elevation since they are essentially all in the same orbit about 22,236 miles above the equator.

Yeah same here. When I look on my dish elevation it is 15 degree and my motor elevation is 30 degree.

My motor elevation:

https://i.ibb.co/JHJNzdN/Screenshot-20201124-152302-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

My dish elevation:

https://i.ibb.co/TR3bH0f/Screenshot-20201124-151947-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

On the dish pointer it say that my LAT should be 51.21 and longitude should be 1.33. I have put my LAT 51.21 and 1.33 longitude on the motor settings.

When I scan the channels, I can't see them on the list so I have changed the longitude to 4.388 in the motor settings and rescan the channels again. When I rescan it, I can receive the channels with no problem but when I rescanned for Serbia channels, I can only get sport klub 1 not sport klub 2 and 3.

So when I look on my dish, the dish elevation is 15 degree. Is that too low?

ronand
24-11-20, 16:45
Its looks to be a bit low. What make/model is the motor? I just had a look at my darkmotor manual. For 51N you set the elevation angle at 39 degrees (the first picture - yours is set at 35 degrees) so you may need to raise it a little. Consult your manual.

Edit: Sorry my eyesight isn't what is was - is it set at 40 degrees?

Also use a satellite meter to set it correctly -don't put the wrong co-ordinates in the receiver because you haven't set it up correctly.

chris0147
24-11-20, 16:56
Its looks to be a bit low. What make/model is the motor? I just had a look at my darkmotor manual. For 51N you set the elevation angle at 39 degrees (the first picture - yours is set at 35 degrees) so you may need to raise it a little. Consult your manual.

Edit: Sorry my eyesight isn't what is was - is it set at 40 degrees?

Also use a satellite meter to set it correctly -don't put the wrong co-ordinates in the receiver because you haven't set it up correctly.

The make/model is Technomate TM- 2600M3. What elevation do I need to adjust? Is that the dish or the motor?

What do I need to do to raise a little bit? Do I need to adjust the motor settings on the receiver?

abu baniaz
24-11-20, 17:17
Unless you change your bracket to a set of T & K brackets, you are on a mission. It is very difficult to get the bracket you are using exactly plumb. There is no adjustment!

chris0147
24-11-20, 17:39
Unless you change your bracket to a set of T & K brackets, you are on a mission. It is very difficult to get the bracket you are using exactly plumb. There is no adjustment!

What the hell are you talking about. I'm not bother to get Portuguese channels. I only want to get Serbia channels nothing is else.

cactikid
24-11-20, 17:44
Never tell a mod to stop trolling as i would edit your post before something bad happens,your choice.

abu baniaz
24-11-20, 18:47
For a motorised satellite dish to correctly find signal across the arc, it has to be plumb. Picture of your dish from other forum attached here for benefit of other peeople trying to help you.

Have a look at these threads

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...talltion-Guide (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18087-Fruitballs-Motorised-Installtion-Guide)

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...eive-Thor-0-8W (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62673-Unable-to-receive-Thor-0-8W)

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...motorised-dish (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60651-Set-up-help-for-new-GB-E2-box-motorised-dish)

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63328-New-Diseqc-Motor-different-dish-bracket-angle-problem

Joe_90
24-11-20, 19:39
Thanks abu - I didn't know how you could tell what motor mounting system he was using from the photos he supplied!

@chris0147 - it's next to impossible to set up a motorised system on a bracket like that. The motor must be absolutely vertical (plumb) in order to track the arc properly. T & K brackets allow you to finely adjust the pole that the motor is mounted on so that the pole is vertical.

ronand
24-11-20, 19:51
The first windy day it will blow over anyway

chris0147
24-11-20, 20:17
I can't change it because the bracket I got is galvanized as it wont be rusts. These T & K brackets will get rusts so it is no good for me. If you want me to change it then you should pay me.

I can't see what it make any difference when change brackets as both works the same way. The bracket I got is vertical so what it make it any different!!!!

ccs
24-11-20, 20:19
Surprisingly, you can get galvanised T & K brackets.

chris0147
24-11-20, 20:47
Surprisingly, you can get galvanised T & K brackets.

Too late now, I'm not going to change it over and I don't want to waste my money.

romancast
24-11-20, 23:13
For some days I have been having serious problems with the channels, they get out of order and stop working