PDA

View Full Version : Optus D1

Aust-VAST
11-11-20, 11:10
Evening all, here in Australia the Public Broadcasters' (ABC/ SBS) are now in clear on Optus D1 and I have a Satellite finder (SK-9000B) which locks them all in perfectly on a single frequency LNB.

My DUO2 only scans to 45MSym and these services are 47,300MSym, 16APSK, Multistream.

Can the DUO2 resolve this service?

Thanks.

Aust-VAST
11-11-20, 12:58
Can the DUO2 resolve this service?

With an DVB-S2X tuner?

Which probably doesn't exist.

ronand
11-11-20, 15:39
Its multistream so the duo2 can't receive it. The plugin s2x tuner will not work in the duo2. I was able to put the parameters in my zgemma h7s and they seemed to be accepted but I have no way to know if it would actually work as I can't receive Optus D1 up here.

Aust-VAST
12-11-20, 06:57
Its multistream so the duo2 can't receive it. The plugin s2x tuner will not work in the duo2. I was able to put the parameters in my zgemma h7s and they seemed to be accepted but I have no way to know if it would actually work as I can't receive Optus D1 up here.

True, I have entered the Symbol Rate, encapsulation and as you wrote a scan does not lock to the Multistream.

Perhaps we will have to save up for a VU+ 4K UNO.

Thank you for your advice and replying, from our farm, in hot, climate changed inland Australia; Soon to be part of a 600MW Renewable Generator project. :thumbsup:

ronand
12-11-20, 08:32
No need for an expensive vu - most of the cheaper 4k boxes do multistream

twol
12-11-20, 09:21
True, I have entered the Symbol Rate, encapsulation and as you wrote a scan does not lock to the Multistream.

Perhaps we will have to save up for a VU+ 4K UNO.

Thank you for your advice and replying, from our farm, in hot, climate changed inland Australia; Soon to be part of a 600MW Renewable Generator project. :thumbsup:
You might need something like this (which as Ronand says - no need for expensive Vu+, which may not do the job)
EDISION OS MIO+ 4K S2X + S2/T2/C with OLED display, DVB-S2X + S2/T2/C combo receiver - features 4K UHD resolution and has Multi Stream T2MI Tuner & Blindscan.

Aust-VAST
12-11-20, 10:41
Thank you for the replies.

We like to record using lots of auto timers because we are out working and like the data "buss" of the VU+ (not liking USB devices) and can you believe; We have to have a CAM, authorised by a Government provisioned service to receive SBS/ ABC (National Public Broadcasters) and regional commercial services, it was the latter which required the CAM and Optus activated card if they were to participate with the public senders on the VAST (Viewer Access Satellite Television) platform !

Several years ago the independent CAM's became available for re-transmission/ public funded remote TV sites as distinct from consumer units with an embedded device (PVR), locked to a specific card.

The media distribution for a large country like Australia has become complex because of this and we used to have clear access to the feeds on Optus D1 before the transition to multistream and our old "Topfield" ceased to work three years ago or so. Hence Optus D3/10, a CAM and VAST/ Optus card (about 275U$D), 3 x VU+ DUO2 imported from UK and it works quite well, we also have DVB-T from a super sender TX site at a city called Orange 59KM away and a large array on my Ham tower at 48' with MH preamp.

Why I am trying D1 is to record the feeds in clear as we like PBS Newshour and other programs for our young son so the boxes you have suggested above could be a good choice to test just how well the multi stream works.

Cheers :)