PDA

View Full Version : Questions about remote control survey

birdman
01-11-20, 13:52
But I'm not sure what you are trying to find out. These are configuration options. The actual setting is the one "behind" the top entry, and that is set to Default, which doesn't actually tell you which of the (many) options that is.

abu baniaz
01-11-20, 14:00
This has stemmed from the other thread in Dev section about keymap and DMM remotes. It looks like a large proportion of receivers are showing that they have DMM remotes.

birdman
02-11-20, 02:48
This has stemmed from the other thread in Dev section about keymap and DMM remotes. It looks like a large proportion of receivers are showing that they have DMM remotes.But how can you tell?
Mine is set to "Default", with no indication as to what that is (but I know it's not a DMM remote).

abu baniaz
02-11-20, 12:51
I don't know the answer to your question, not all receivers have configurable remotes. Both your receivers have this, so in is a logical conclusion to assume they all do.

The responses so far have established that many many boxes identify themselves as having DMM remotes. Your question is not applicable to most of them.

Joe_90
02-11-20, 12:55
My Mutant HD51 has a list similar to @birdman's above and references the dreambox remote. However, I'm using the standard mutant remote supplied with the box.

Valiant
03-11-20, 09:53
My VU+ Uno4K SE shows only one entry :-

dreambox advanced remote control (native)

with a small picture of a silver remote.

OpenWebif shows a nice picture of my black Vu+ remote :)

ccs
03-11-20, 12:46
...with a small picture of a silver remote.

I think you'll find that all boxes show the same image of a silver remote.

v8rick
03-11-20, 15:26
I think you'll find that all boxes show the same image of a silver remote.

Yea and it look like a cheap one LOL

adm
03-11-20, 19:03
This has stemmed from the other thread in Dev section about keymap and DMM remotes. It looks like a large proportion of receivers are showing that they have DMM remotes.

But on my Xtrend ET10K box AND my Zgemma H9S if I change the "default" to DMM or DMM advanced the remotes no longer work so one cannot assume that default is a DMM!

ccs
03-11-20, 19:43
But on my Xtrend ET10K box AND my Zgemma H9S if I change the "default" to DMM or DMM advanced the remotes no longer work so one cannot assume that default is a DMM!

Isn't that the problem, some boxes are offering an alternative which doesn't work?

adm
03-11-20, 20:04
Isn't that the problem, some boxes are offering an alternative which doesn't work?

Maybe the alternatives would work if you had the remote that matches. This may allow two boxes of the same brand/model to work independently in the same room using two different remotes.
My Xtrend and Zgemma boxes offer the choice of 22 different remotes with no indication of which is the “default”. I assume that the Xtrend box uses the Xtrend remote as the default and the Zgemma uses its own remote as the default.

birdman
04-11-20, 03:21
Isn't that the problem, some boxes are offering an alternative which doesn't work?Both of my boxes offer a long list of "options", but only "Default" actually works.
Or rather, only "Default" works with the remote which came with the box.

Valiant
04-11-20, 15:23
My point was that OpenWebif shows a correct picture of the remote supplied with the box, so is this derived from information within the setup or just fetched from a website? I expect that it is just a picture grabbed from the supplier's site by OpenWebif.

adm
04-11-20, 16:07
My point was that OpenWebif shows a correct picture of the remote supplied with the box, so is this derived from information within the setup or just fetched from a website? I expect that it is just a picture grabbed from the supplier's site by OpenWebif.

Webif doesn't show the supplied remote for my Zgemma H9S. The buttons on the vitual remote in Webif are mapped to different functions to the functions described on those buttons.
Pressing help on my suppled h9S remote also brings up a wrong picture of the remote on the TV screen.

Valiant
04-11-20, 17:15
Pressing help on my suppled h9S remote also brings up a wrong picture of the remote on the TV screen.
Interesting - my help button shows correctly the same picture of the Vu+ remote that OpenWebif displays.

birdman
04-11-20, 19:00
Maybe the alternatives would work if you had the remote that matches. This may allow two boxes of the same brand/model to work independently in the same room using two different remotes.I have that problem, but since I only have the remotes that came with the boxes being able to change them to a pair with no clashes isn't something I've been able to do.
And, oddly, from time to time my MBtwin (which has a card flap over the IR receiver so that my et8000 doesn't affect it) sometimes "locks-up" and won't respond to power on - but when this happens I can start it up with the "<<" key on the et8000 remote.

This is what my menu look like. The dreambox remote control entries are nothing to do with which remote I actually have.

ccs
04-11-20, 23:08
OpenWebif and help use the exact same supplied remotes for both the ET10K and Ultimo4K.

I haven't checked the key mappings, but didn't noticed any that were wrong when using them in the past.

ccs
05-11-20, 19:51
.... and, FWIW, after reflashing, the restore wizard also uses the same remote.