PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] Conflicting Timer isn't conflicting

SkyFan
24-10-20, 22:04
Got a strange problem. I've got 4 cables going into 2 twin FBC tuners. Connected to standard LNB. Trying to record something at 10pm for example but it's saying there's conflicting timers. However half of the timers it mentions are for things that are recording in 2 days time which my timer doesn't actually conflict with. Why would it report conflicting timers that aren't conflicting?

I also have another issue which I thought I solved but it's returned.

I'm recording these all at once (9 channels):

BBC News HD
CNN HD
Sky News
RT HD
LBC Radio
R1 Radio
R2 Radio
R1X Radio
LBC Radio

I also previously tested that I can record 4 other channels at the same time as the above channels such as BBC Four HD, BBC 1 HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD or Channel 5. However today it's giving me a conflicting timer when I try to record the above channels + BBC Four HD which doesn't make sense.

My tuners say this:
A: Single 28.2E
B: Equal to tuner A
C: FBC Automatic inactive
D: FBC Automatic. Connected to tuner A
E: FBC Automatic. Connected to tuner D
F: FBC Automatic. Connected to tuner E
G: FBC Automatic. Connected to tuner B
H: FBC Automatic inactive
I: Equal to tuner A
J: Equal to tuner A
K: FBC Automatic inactive
L: FBC Automatic inactive
M: FBC Automatic inactive
N: FBC Automatic inactive
O: FBC Automatic inactive
P: FBC Automatic inactive

Seems like some of the tuners aren't being used when they should be. Have I set them up correctly?

Huevos
24-10-20, 22:33
Let's see some screenshots of the tuner setup.

SkyFan
24-10-20, 23:38
Here you go: 60787

SkyFan
25-10-20, 00:30
Attached are my logs:

First log is after I turned off everything that was recording and restarted my box by a reboot.
Can't remember what the 2nd log is for. But after the reboot I was able to record the same 8 channels again + several more which I wasn't able to do until the reboot.

Is there any difference to doing a reboot and switching the box off then on again by the power switch on the box?

ronand
25-10-20, 09:11
I hope you are putting the box into deep standby before hitting the power switch? Besides settings not being saved it is the quick way to kill the flash memory.

SkyFan
25-10-20, 09:56
I do a reboot by the menu. How do you put the box into deep standby?

twol
25-10-20, 10:16
I do a reboot by the menu. How do you put the box into deep standby?

Long press power button - select deep standby

ronand
25-10-20, 10:17
Deep standby is in the same menu as reboot. After selecting it wait for the box to shut down completely before turning off the power switch

SkyFan
25-10-20, 13:51
Attached are my logs:

First log is after I turned off everything that was recording and restarted my box by a reboot.
Can't remember what the 2nd log is for. But after the reboot I was able to record the same 8 channels again + several more which I wasn't able to do until the reboot.

Can anyone see anything in the log which explains the problem?

ccs
25-10-20, 14:08
... there were no timer conflicts when I had a quick look earlier.

Huevos
26-10-20, 08:36
Here you go: 60787This is not helpful. Please post screengrabs of your tuner setup.

SkyFan
26-10-20, 09:13
What do you mean? What I posted WAS a screenshot of my tuners.

Huevos
26-10-20, 23:06
What do you mean? What I posted WAS a screenshot of my tuners.That is a screen grab of "NimSelection". We need a screengrab of "NimSetup".

i.e. open each tuner and take a grab of how you have adjusted them.

Also you haven't posted any details of your aerial system.

SkyFan
27-10-20, 19:40
Can you give me a screenshot example of what you're talking about that you want to see?

The screenshot I provided before shows how I setup each tuner. 28.2E single. If you need me to press OK on a Tuner, I can't as it won't let me do it when recordings are in progress and I'm recording 24 hours a day news stations for the next several days until after the election.

I have satellite, why do you need details of my aerial system?

adm
27-10-20, 19:45
I can't as it won't let me do it when recordings are in progress and I'm recording 24 hours a day news stations for the next several days until after the election.

Why bother? Trump is going to win.

SkyFan
27-10-20, 20:07
I know, that's why I want news footage to capture the meltdown of the media. I don't want to miss anything so I'm recording 24 hours a day.

Huevos
27-10-20, 21:10
why do you need details of my aerial system?Because I am trying to help you. You need to provide screenshots of the page where you set the tuners up. i.e select each tuner from the view you posted.

Joe_90
28-10-20, 00:52
I know, that's why I want news footage to capture the meltdown of the media. I don't want to miss anything so I'm recording 24 hours a day.

... and when do you look at all this crap???

alexwilmac
30-11-20, 20:36
That's really unbelievable: not just the 24h recording, as there aren't other 24h in a day to watch them, or more if you multiply the recordings by their duration! but mainly the fact that you can't stop for 3 minutes these recordings to provide us with your tuners' configuration!
So, it's you that doesn't want to be helped.

ronand
30-11-20, 21:56
And the meltdown didn't happen either.

birdman
01-12-20, 00:30
Why bother? Trump is going to win.

So this is no longer a problem? Or do you subscribe to his delusions?

adm
01-12-20, 00:42
So this is no longer a problem? Or do you subscribe to his delusions?

As I predicted Trump won. Only electorial fraud will prevent him from staying in the Whitehouse :violin: