PDA

View Full Version : what hotbird do I need to point the dish?

chris0147
18-10-20, 18:25
Hi all,

I need your help. I want to know in what hotbird do I need to point my dish to the sky so I can get full european channels?

I want to get full european channels for portugal, france, germany, italy, spain, hungrian, romania, croatia, serbia...etc. I want to get the full european channels so I can choose what channels I want to watch for the premier league. I'm planning to get 80cm which it should be enough to get full european channels, but if I dont have planning permission from the landlord to put the dish on the wall I would get 90cm dish to put it in the back garden beside my shed so no one would see it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ronand
18-10-20, 19:36
Hotbird is at 13 degrees east and an 80cm dish should be fine in the UK. You wont get all european channels on 1 satellite. Have a look here to see what is on that satellite
en.kingofsat.net/pos-13E.php

Bear in mind that you will need a valid subscription to receive most worthwhile channels

chris0147
18-10-20, 19:49
Hotbird is at 13 degrees east and an 80cm dish should be fine in the UK. You wont get all european channels on 1 satellite. Have a look here to see what is on that satellite
en.kingofsat.net/pos-13E.php

Bear in mind that you will need a valid subscription to receive most worthwhile channels

Thank you for your help.

If I put my dish to Hotbird 13E, can I get holland, germany and spain as well channels?

Yeah I know that I will need a valid subscription but we are not allowed to discussion on here.

ronand
18-10-20, 19:52
Have a look at the link I posted - that is what is on Hotbird. Dutch channels are mostly on 23.5E, German & Spanish channels are on 19.2E - have a look on kingofsat - every package is listed there

chris0147
18-10-20, 20:10
Have a look at the link I posted - that is what is on Hotbird. Dutch channels are mostly on 23.5E, German & Spanish channels are on 19.2E - have a look on kingofsat - every package is listed there

Oh right. I have been told that if I get 3 lnbs, I can conect into diseq switch and it will work?

chris0147
19-10-20, 13:22
????????????

twol
19-10-20, 13:33
Depending on the receiver and you get the configuration correct - Yes.

chris0147
21-10-20, 13:30
​Thanks for the help, I have decided to get a motor.

Do you know how big the mount I need to get to put on a wall and that would fit a 80cm dish?

Is 40cm bracket good enough to fit for a 80cm dish??