PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Is there a way to control which tuner records which programmes?

SkyFan
18-10-20, 01:54
I've only got a a twin cable coming from a particular sat dish into a backup sat box. I've also got another twin cable coming from a different dish going into the same box. One is a big dish and rarely gets dropped frames in recoredings, the other dish is a smaller dish which every once in a while gets dropped frames.

Is there a way for me to tell the box to only use a particular twin tuner when recording certain channels or programmes?

Does the box always record from the tuner in the first slot?

BrokenUnusableAccount
18-10-20, 02:27
There are a few options in Menu / Setup / Tuners & Scanning / Miscellaneous
which control which tuner is first choice for recording and first choice for watching.

abu baniaz
18-10-20, 07:29
Perhaps consider buying a Unicable 2 LNB as well as splitters to suit your needs. Fit LNB to larger dish. Ultimo4k will then have 8 independent tuners using the one FBC module. If you have 2 FBC modules, then that is 16 independent tuners. You can use splitter to provide Duo2 with signal from large dish.

SkyFan
18-10-20, 08:24
I will do in the future when I have the money.

I assume you can't split a standard LNB going into an FBC tuner?

BrokenUnusableAccount
18-10-20, 13:42
I will do in the future when I have the money.

I assume you can't split a standard LNB going into an FBC tuner?

Not in any really useful way. No.

SkyFan
18-10-20, 20:32
There are a few options in Menu / Setup / Tuners & Scanning / Miscellaneous
which control which tuner is first choice for recording and first choice for watching.

Thanks. It's OK but that doesn't let me specify the tuner to be used for a particular channel and it only lets me select a single preferred tuner instead of more than 1. Are there any plugins that will let me do either of those things?