PDA

View Full Version : AX HD61 loses usb play tv dtt tuner after a period of time!

bmitie
17-10-20, 00:55
This has me foxed and is a real deal breaker for this box, its the AXHD61 and I have it on multiboot, used openvix, openatv, and pure2, also got hdnf but not used much.

Its to replace a VU + duo2 so today was the big switchover but I have now discovered it will not retain the 2 DTT tuners via USB at rear, its a Play TV tuner. Tuners will disappear, ie channels greyed out but epg details still visible. The only way to get tuners back is a hard re-boot ie power switch at rear. Tonight the tuners disappeared after a few hours use.

I have never ever come across this before and I have had ET XTREND, SOLO2, DUO2, UNO AND ZGEMMA H2S.

What could be causing this glitch? I hope there is a fix as box is very good pic quality top notch and its fast.

Help

Bunty
15-12-20, 13:38
I have had the same issue with the Mutant HD51.
I've tried a Play TV tuner, a cheap USB tuner and a WandTv stick which uses the Afatech Af9015.
They all have the same problem, the tuners stop working after a certain period of time or after a soft reboot.
I was looking at getting the Mutant HD61 but if it has the same issue , the Zgemma H7 might be a better option due to the inbuilt DTT.

twol
15-12-20, 14:10
This has me foxed and is a real deal breaker for this box, its the AXHD61 and I have it on multiboot, used openvix, openatv, and pure2, also got hdnf but not used much.

Its to replace a VU + duo2 so today was the big switchover but I have now discovered it will not retain the 2 DTT tuners via USB at rear, its a Play TV tuner. Tuners will disappear, ie channels greyed out but epg details still visible. The only way to get tuners back is a hard re-boot ie power switch at rear. Tonight the tuners disappeared after a few hours use.

I have never ever come across this before and I have had ET XTREND, SOLO2, DUO2, UNO AND ZGEMMA H2S.

What could be causing this glitch? I hope there is a fix as box is very good pic quality top notch and its fast.

Help

Not a direct answer, but have you tried the front usb???

birdman
15-12-20, 19:17
I've tried a Play TV tuner, a cheap USB tuner and a WandTv stick which uses the Afatech Af9015.
They all have the same problem, the tuners stop working after a certain period of time or after a soft reboot.I've had a cheap (Astrometa) tuner, a PC-TV Triplestick and an XBox one.
All of these work all of the time on an XTrend et8000.

birdman
15-12-20, 19:18
Is the box putting its USB devices to sleep for some reason?

dmesg output after it's gone missing might show something.

maxben
07-01-21, 13:06
I have several DTT tuners here which use the OE2 downloadable drivers and none of them work reliably if at all.

The only one that works 100% is a Sundtek tuner that uses it's own drivers.

birdman
07-01-21, 19:07
I have several DTT tuners here which use the OE2 downloadable drivers and none of them work reliably if at all.I have 3 different USB tuners and all work OK.
Not as discriminating as the built in tuners but that's only a problem for me as something, somewhere weakens my signal on channels in the low 30s. (It seems to affect a narrow band geographically, and I happen to be in it).

maxben
07-01-21, 20:35
I have 3 different USB tuners and all work OK.
Not as discriminating as the built in tuners but that's only a problem for me as something, somewhere weakens my signal on channels in the low 30s. (It seems to affect a narrow band geographically, and I happen to be in it).

Do you have an HD61 ? Unless your sig needs updating.

All mine work on my HD51 as well.